Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s face it. He was far, far too good to be managing the likes of us. A better offer was always going to come along before too much time had passed, he is Carlo Ancelotti after all. Let’s focus now on appointing someone more befitting of our status of a plodding mid table club. Carlo obviously heard of our plans to ‘compete at the top’ and was not impressed.

Strong theory's on Talksport suggest Carlo is happy in terms of not caring about being sacked at the top clubs every two years or so. Two years here and two years there is a good little payday taking in some compensation on the way, in what he may call semi retirement working with good players with not to much hassle. At Everton it was to much hassle.
This is the case with all modern managers to be honest, they couldn’t care less about getting sacked they get their contracts paid anyone.

Martinez got 10 mill from us for getting sacked, Koeman about 15, Silva just under. .,that before paying up their coaching staff as well.

It's always the hope that kills us.

Hope.webp

I hope whoever comes in brings in their own no2. Dunc's an Everton legend, but im not sure his presence as an assistant coach brings much to the table. in fact, I actually think he is an impediment now. We need to stop being a charity to ex-players. Yes, have them as club ambassadors, but keep them away from finch farm and bring in people who know what they're doing. Sometimes you need to be ruthless to break the shackles of mediocrity.

My judgement as a kid was better than it is now, I warmed to him while he was here that though had cooled lately due to style of football. for Some reason as a kid I could never warm to this lol

Attachments

• F3ECACCD-2A78-44D4-81C3-5CE2763D8747.webp
    F3ECACCD-2A78-44D4-81C3-5CE2763D8747.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 69

I refused to join the bedwetters, and maybe (naively) thought that Carlo was really invested in the Everton project, and would win us a pot. As it turns out, he was more invested in his salary here rather the good of the club. The first flash of thigh from another club and he is gone.

I'm not sad he's gone, but I'm angry at him more than anything. He clearly had no interest in building anything here. He used Everton Football Club. Sad to say but I've lost all respect for him. He knows how to handle and get the best out of superstar egos, but it looks like that's as far as his talents go. He shat it here to be honest, like he did at Napoli.

We move on. A lesson learned.

But the players are crap mate. He got the Madrid job based on his previous stint there, his reputation and because he's a good coach, esp with top players. That's kind of the point I'm trying to make.

This guy is a top manager in the game and came 10th with this squad. Even if we give some allowance for injuries and the fact that we gave up for the last 5 games or so (prob due to the Madrid move in hindsight) we probably could've got 7th at best. That's with one of the top managers in the game. Where would a less experienced /decorated coach finish?

With this squad and our current state I am honestly worried about who we bring in next and where we end up. Trophies and Europe are a distant dream unless we get a top coach. It has to be someone with experience. The club needs stability while challenging for cups and qualifying for Europe. Even if only Europa Conference for a while.

Rodgers would be one of the few realistic choices that tick all the boxes for me. However he'd be hard to convince.
Rodgers is a very unrealistic choice

Think they were more in jest but wasn’t it a great feeling? Finally some positivity and the football was decent. Compare that to the season prior.

First few games, yes. I think we were mostly garbage from the moment Southampton wiped the floor with us, although we were scraping results, our luck ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back