Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard those reports, I also heard from someone at the club that Morshi was very unhappy with the way the season panned out. To be honest I’m sure he wasn’t happy, but there was no indication he was going to sack him. He was almost certainly going to back him. The two statements can both be true.

No doubt all the summer transfer plans have been thrown into turmoil because the targets were being lined up on the basis of Ancelotti being there.

The elephant in the room is the ongoing losses and I wonder what impact it had had on things. We have lost over £100m for the last two seasons running and there will come a point soon where the football authorities take action against us. Club minds are focussed on this as it is unsustainable.
Does your contact inside the club know who the next off the conveyor belt is. I've a fiver burning a hole in my pocket lol

Agree with this. But a fire sale will only work if they get it right. Which on previous evidence they won’t. I’m guessing dcl, richarlison and digne might be in demand this summer.

We had a top manager, got offered a better job challenging for titles, he found it to good to turn down.
Ultimately, this top manager was playing crap uninspiring football, finished lower than fat Sam. So I’m not bothered.
Also, grown men should relise that caring about Twitter follows is a bit soft, and the club’s pr team will prob write the managers notes in the program - and he’ll sign it off. Real life

Yeah thats what I figured. Considering he gets paid lets see... 100,000 a week so 15,000 a day, if he spent an hour writing the manager notes 2,000 pounds very expensive for a lot of PR fluff!

He didnt take a salary hit

He got 11m gross at Everton and he's getting 6m at Real Madrid. That's a pay cut. Yes he gets taxed, but rich people have tax managers that maximise their gross pay and I highly doubt he would pay much tax if at all. Only your average salary worker who's been told to pay tax pays tax.

Taking the emotions out of it, and overlooking the hypocrisy of the man,true it was dire but to go into the last game with something however unlikely to play for was some trick with the dross he had at his disposal.

Moyes qualified for Europe with a game to spare with dross at West Ham (who were on course to be relegated when the lockdown started last year). It's still the same players pretty much.

When a player or a manger leaves, a lot of fans try to find a reason why they've feel like they've been betrayed and justify it.

I don't see that with Carlo. He's said in a interview that he didn't expect Real to call him. Kev Campbell said that he knows for a fact Carlo has had plenty of offers since being at Everton and he's paid not attention to them.

I just think it was a club he couldn't turn down for whatever reason he has. The man's the most respected manager in world football so I don't see why we have to make out he's public enemy number 1.

Hes the only manager for decades that I thought could've brought some success to the club and just needed the time. Now that hasn't happened, it's tough to take IMO

I don't recall the last time an Everton manager betrayed us, most of the time they were relieved/sacked... the pragmatic view obviously because these managers can't get another similar job easily and they want their compensation for being sacked.

Some people might say Moyes betrayed us - but he gave it a good go (10 years? 12?) and he was out of contract at the end of it.

The perception is that Carlo ran from the job. There was a recent poll on this forum that said 85% wanted Carlo to stay on next season. We were all supporting Carlo despite the turgid football. He abandoned everyone. I think he went early, if he gave it 2-4 years and didn't get anywhere, I don't think people would mind so much. And look what he did to James and Allan, players he brought in and then left them after one season. Allan moved over with his family I believe. He already had 8 years in Italy. James obviously wouldn't be here if he knew it was just one year.

And sure i get the shouts that its Real Madrid and you can't reject them but i for one hate the perpetuating cycle of classism, if we all just continue to help Real Madrid by selling them players and managers then we can never overcome them. And it would have been nice for Carlo to reject them, but that's obviously not realistic.

I don't recall the last time an Everton manager betrayed us, most of the time they were relieved/sacked... the pragmatic view obviously because these managers can't get another similar job easily and they want their compensation for being sacked.

Some people might say Moyes betrayed us - but he gave it a good go (10 years? 12?) and he was out of contract at the end of it.

The perception is that Carlo ran from the job. There was a recent poll on this forum that said 85% wanted Carlo to stay on next season. We were all supporting Carlo despite the turgid football. He abandoned everyone. I think he went early, if he gave it 2-4 years and didn't get anywhere, I don't think people would mind so much. And look what he did to James and Allan, players he brought in and then left them after one season. Allan moved over with his family I believe. He already had 8 years in Italy. James obviously wouldn't be here if he knew it was just one year.

And sure i get the shouts that its Real Madrid and you can't reject them but i for one hate the perpetuating cycle of classism, if we all just continue to help Real Madrid by selling them players and managers then we can never overcome them. And it would have been nice for Carlo to reject them, but that's obviously not realistic.
The gulf between Real Madrid and Everton is as big as Everton and Wigan. Bigger fish eat small fish.

He got 11m gross at Everton and he's getting 6m at Real Madrid. That's a pay cut. Yes he gets taxed, but rich people have tax managers that maximise their gross pay and I highly doubt he would pay much tax if at all. Only your average salary worker who's been told to pay tax pays tax.

He got 6.1 million net at Everton too. That doesn't include NI contributions

Ancelotti has already been in trouble with the taxman before.

Excellent summary. If rumours are true, CA got his people to contact Real Madrid and tell them about the release clause in his contract and that he was unhappy. He got total backing from Everton and from the fans, despite the negative football and crap home record. Remember his speech about corporate clubs and family clubs? Plus saying 'Everton is my club' and that he wanted to hear his song at BMD?

He was previously shafted by that idiotic poison dwarf, the president, Perez, at Real, and personally called out the ESL and the dirty dozen's antics. Yet, despite all this, he was away faster than a rat up a drain. I'm sure this abrupt jumping ship is the reason the players have been conspicuously silent on his time with them.

Inappropriate Language
Why are we still talking about the [Poor language removed]? Cryarsing rubbish. I’m less bothered by him going than I am by the comments since.

In any case we are quick to [Poor language removed] off any manager we don’t like and expect managers not to look elsewhere if they see something better? None of them give a proper [Poor language removed].

Loyalty seems like a trait footballers and managers rarely possess and unless they've grown up supporting the club any loyalty you have tends to be paper thin. Rooney couldn’t even give us a proper go despite having fifteen years of a career ahead of him.

Annoyingly the most loyal manager might just be up the road.

I don't think he has the stomach for a struggling club anymore. Better to head to El Madrid where galacticos are warming the bench.

Why are we still talking about the [Poor language removed]? Cryarsing rubbish. I’m less bothered by him going than I am by the comments since.

In any case we are quick to [Poor language removed] off any manager we don’t like and expect managers not to look elsewhere if they see something better? None of them give a proper [Poor language removed].

Loyalty seems like a trait footballers and managers rarely possess and unless they've grown up supporting the club any loyalty you have tends to be paper thin. Rooney couldn’t even give us a proper go despite having fifteen years of a career ahead of him.

buddy have u been ever described as some1 who “ calls spade a spade “ ??

Last edited:

Are you referring to Sean "I need a Halls soother" Dyche?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back