Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Turkey – ‘We aren’t going to offer £1 more’ – Everton get tough in transfer talks
By Nihat Emre Kocaaslan -

2nd January 2018
According to Sporx, there’s a problem in negotiations between Besiktas and Everton, regarding Cenk Tosun’s arrival at Goodison Park.

The Turkish website claim Besiktas want Everton to increase their offer for Tosun, despite reports yesterday they’d accepted English club’s €23m plus €2m in bonuses. There are differing fees all over the English and Turkish press right now, so the figures are somewhat fluid.

Everton officials reportedly told Besiktas’ board: ‘We aren’t going to increase our offer, we aren’t going to offer £1 more. It’s up to you whether to accept our previous bid.’

Sporx say Tosun’s agent and father Senol Tosun has informed Besiktas about the situation. Besiktas manager Senol Gunes has reportedly said to Besiktas president Fikret Orman: ‘Cenk is not going to help our team anymore. We should sell him and look for alternatives.’

There have been conflicting reports in the Turkish media in recent days, after claims the transfer fee would be in the region of £28m.

There have also been suggestions Tosun could make his debut for Everton when they take on local rivals Liverpool on Friday night in the FA Cup.

However, it seems there’s still a bit of work to do before Tosun is confirmed as an Everton player.

This is all becoming something of a soap opera.

Shall we dance!!! Because it is getting as silly as that flipping film.

I have to say it is a bit disheartening that we have to go to the Turkish leagues to find a striker willing to come and play football for Everton under Big Sam.

It is terrifying that nobody of proven quality will even entertain the thought of us right now and that we're doomed to taking more expensive risks to solve a problem that should have been solved a year ago.

I have to say it is a bit disheartening that we have to go to the Turkish leagues to find a striker willing to come and play football for Everton under Big Sam.

It is terrifying that nobody of proven quality will even entertain the thought of us right now and that we're doomed to taking more expensive risks to solve a problem that should have been solved a year ago.
I can barely name you a proven striker who's even decent, let alone one who could come here without costing a record fee and absurd wages to even consider us.

Everton Target Cenk Tosun Confident About Transfer, Steve Walsh Tells Striker To Be Ready For Liverpool Derby
By
Emre Sarigul
-
January 2, 2018
adchoices_icon.png

Everton Target Cenk Tosun Confident Transfer Will Be Completed, Liverpool Debut Could Still Go Ahead
Everton target Cenk Tosun remains confident that his transfer will go ahead despite reports that talks have stalled.

A source close to Tosun revealed to Turkish-Football that the striker has already agreed personal terms with the Toffees.

Additionally the 26-year-old is still in London after travelling to England on new ye
Tosun believes Besiktas will reach an agreement and give him the green light to travel to Merseyside ahead of completing his four-and-a-half year move.

Turkish sports newspaper Haberturk meanwhile claim Everton director of football Steve Walsh told the Turkey international to be prepared for the FA Cup clash against Liverpool on Friday.

HaberTurk claim Walsh phoned Tosun and instructed him to be ready for the derby clash: ‘We like you as a footballer and we have been following you for some time. You are a good player and we want you in our team. We have a game against Liverpool on 5th of January.

‘We want to use you in that game, so get yourself ready. If Sam Allardyce wants to use you, you need to be ready.’

Turkish-Football reported earlier today that Besiktas are expected to make an announcement regarding the future of Tosun imminently.

Club president Fikret Orman has returned from South Africa and will hold a board meeting to make a final transfer decision.

Tosun has 14 goals and three assists in all competitions this season.

The Turkey international found the back of the net four times in the Champions League and setup two goals this term.

Besiktas became the first Super Lig side to book a place in the Last 16 as group leaders.

I can barely name you a proven striker who's even decent, let alone one who could come here without costing a record fee and absurd wages to even consider us.
I presume someone will post a long list of names shortly, you would think with 6 months to the world cup there must be some international forwards warming benches needing to put their face forward and getting much needed match fitness that would come on loan at least.

...I imagine there’s plenty of players out there willing to come to Everton. Not sure who you mean that is ‘proven quality’ and won’t come here to play for Allardyce. I’ve not heard of anybody turning Allardyce down?

I presume someone will post a long list of names shortly, you would think with 6 months to the world cup there must be some international forwards warming benches needing to put their face forward and getting much needed match fitness that would come on loan at least.

Olivier Giroud, the sexy French bas*trd

Status
Not open for further replies.