2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe against Moldova.

yeah moldova is not a good example. but still cenk also scored against rivals like monaco, porto or benfice at CL.

I had written here before Cenk's transfer. Cenk is a big team player. Big teams play offensive and attack football.

So my approach to the situation is "Cenk can score against ANY TEAM if his team make numerous attacks (20? 30?)"

but he is unlucky... He had chance with Fat Sam but team didnt attack. Later team attacked a bit more with Silva but Cenk could not get enough chance.

Do you remember any specific game that you can say Cenk really played so bad? Then it is unfair to say Cenk is not sufficent for PL...

yeah moldova is not a good example. but still cenk also scored against rivals like monaco, porto or benfice at CL.

I had written here before Cenk's transfer. Cenk is a big team player. Big teams play offensive and attack football.

So my approach to the situation is "Cenk can score against ANY TEAM if his team make numerous attacks (20? 30?)"

but he is unlucky... He had chance with Fat Sam but team didnt attack. Later team attacked a bit more with Silva but Cenk could not get enough chance.

Do you remember any specific game that you can say Cenk really played so bad? Then it is unfair to say Cenk is not sufficent for PL...

West Brom last season and Huddersfield this season stand out in my mind. I don't think he moved on either of those days. Outrageously poor performances.

I think we all knew he'd struggle to keep up with the athleticism in the PL. Many of us said as much. But playing in a Silva team as a single striker, DCL is a better fit.

He played 90 minutes against both Wolves and Watford recently, games we really need to win. He didn't score in either and wasn't particularly great.

Look, Silva doesn't play like Fat Sam. He prefers DCL to Cenk because he's much more athletic, provides a better outlet in the air, and is much more effective pressuring the defense. No one is saying Cenk is bad or anything.

He started the first 5 league games and didn't score. And he had a ton of chances. He struggled to hold the ball up as a single striker.

Then he scored against Fulham off the bench and got the start in the league cup against Southampton. He didn't score. We lost to lowly Southampton at home in the league cup.

So it's a performance thing as well as a tactical thing.

He is 28 had Champions League experience and still for now is not better than DCL. Sooner we get rid of him is better. Also Turkish fans worshiping him and creating cult of personality like he is Maradona or Messi does not help at all. He did not bring anything positive to Everton Football Club and that matters, not what he did at Turkish National Team.

He is 28 had Champions League experience and still for now is not better than DCL. Sooner we get rid of him is better. Also Turkish fans worshiping him and creating cult of personality like he is Maradona or Messi does not help at all. He did not bring anything positive to Everton Football Club and that matters, not what he did at Turkish National Team.

We?

Tosun Future
Cenk Tosun has confirmed he had loan offers to leave Everton in January.

Premier League clubs were linked with a move but Tosun says the Blues ordered him to remain on Merseyside.

“I have still a lot to do in the Premier League” he told Sabah via Sport Witness.

“I still have a three-and-a-half-year contract with Everton. I want to continue in Europe. My aim is to play more.

“I had offers from Spanish and English clubs. I told the club I am ready to go out on loan to return stronger, but they told me they needed me here.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back