2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering slapping the C on him in football manager this weekend - he's due for at least a brace the way he's been playing. The goals will come.

Mitrovic or Tosun? You'd choose Tosun?

Couldn't see too many other people making that choice, tbf.
Mitrovic failed at Newcastle
Scored on a good side in the Championship
Scored against a poor tired Burnley side
Tosun has scored in the CL and proved himself in the PL last season in a team that created very few chances
On the evidence so far I’d take Tosun although I don’t think he’s good enough to take us to the next level ie top 4
Hopefully Brands can pull a rabbit out of the hat next summer

Why did it have to be either a striker or some other position though? We CLEARLY need a new forward. If Tosun was injured long term what happened then? DCL is no stand in.
No but Rico would be a good stand in and Bernard / Lookman on the left
Brands has assembled a squad before Dave
Plus it was austerity Everton , we hadn’t got a pot to piss on this summer or so I’m reliably informed

Cenk is a real good Everton player, im starting to think some don't like or rate him just because he was bought by a previous manager/DOF

...who bought him doesn’t matter in the least. Indeed, I think Tosun and Walcott are decent incomings from the Allardyce era. Surely players are judged solely on how they perform.

In my opinion Tosun is ok but we strive for better and I just imagine how effective we would be with real pace, power and ability through the middle.

article-2712924-2022E2A200000578-608_634x422.jpg
Got lucky
He wanted Demba Ba on loan

Tough season so far for the fella, hes had nothing really to put away as yet, we have played with 10 men twice so its been difficult to judge him, its not like hes missing chances.

We certainly need to add competition in Jan or the summer, but for now I think he will us, as long as we can keep 11 on the pitch and start giving him something to slot.

Just a thought.
If I remember correctly re this goalscorer business.
Was the Lineker year , the one that we didn't win the league , between the 2 that we did ?
Perhaps a more selfless player may repeat the magic ?.
I know that football has changed markedly since then.
The RS were at their best when they worked and defended from the front , back in the day.
Perhaps Rom was a flat track pony (horse racing talk) i.e. scores when it's easy games , not in the big ones ?
He certainly never defended from the front.
Ready to get slated !
Sensible posts have no part to play in any discussion that Harvey is involved in
By gone my good man lol

...who bought him doesn’t matter in the least. Indeed, I think Tosun and Walcott are decent incomings from the Allardyce era. Surely players are judged solely on how they perform.

In my opinion Tosun is ok but we strive for better and I just imagine how effective we would be with real pace, power and ability through the middle.
As I’ve said Cenk is decent for where we are now but won’t take us to the next level
Only problem is we need CL to attract a top quality CF
We got lucky with Lukaku but unless Brands /Silva pulls a rabbit out of the hat we are going to have to wait for a 20+ a year striker.
As others have said if Bernard hits the ground running Ricarlison may get a run up top and I think he’d do well there

Status
Not open for further replies.