2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t score and is never in a position to score but it’s sound because we paid 28m for him to work hard.

Our ambition was to challenge top 6 not escape relegation, we need more than “he works hard”

I’d rather Steven Naismith

A goal at, say, 2-0 today, 1-0 or 2-1 at Wolves, 2-0 vs Southampton kills those games dead. These were goals Lukaku supplied in bucket-loads, also referred to on GOT as "pointless goals". There's no doubt that Silva asks Tosun to sacrifice himself for the team at times, which he does well, but if he doesn't score goals and we're relying on Walcott, Sigurdsson and Richarlison, we will feel the effects of missing a slotter up top.

That was quick.

Can’t score and is never in a position to score but it’s sound because we paid 28m for him to work hard.

Our ambition was to challenge top 6 not escape relegation, we need more than “he works hard”

I’d rather Steven Naismith

Not to defend him but he is always in the box. Check the games' highlights again and include this one, check the crosses as they are aimed for the far post all the time. Passes, he needs to pull a defender with to the wings to get a pass and to pass the ball again. Nobody checks his runs inside the box for a through ball. (Lookman didn't even give attention to his runs 2 times and lost the ball) Strangely he is not even 2nd pass option on the attacking sets. I don't think he is isolated, I think it is the attacking set plays which are limiting him.

Rarely looks like a scoring. People say he is the least of our problems but him playing allows opposition defences to push up and generally feel relaxed. He's got nothing to worry even the likes of Huddersfield.

I think he's a decent finisher but that aside he's got very little to offer the team.

Reactions: Sy-

Status
Not open for further replies.