2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's games like this where quality strikers make a difference. Midfielders scoring paper over the cracks, but it's a position that needs sorting in January.
This is why I'm surprised lookman stayed, 25m for him plus selling tosun in january would of been enough money to bring in a quality striker.

5 goals in 19 games.

Can’t score and is never in a position to score but it’s sound because we paid 28m for him to work hard.

Our ambition was to challenge top 6 not escape relegation, we need more than “he works hard”

I’d rather Steven Naismith
If we bring back straqualrsi, we could start with him and tosun we could have the hardest working front line in the prem

I'm hoping he just needs the one to go in then the flood gates will open, but we don't half look thread bare up top. No goals in 4 games isn't great for your star striker!

Undropable only because there is no one else available - seen nothing from him to believe he's going to be good enough. Troy Deaney level - single figure goal scorer

Pretty apt comparison. Troy Deany struggles to get goal scoring chances too because he isn't very good either.

He just isn’t the quality required to get to the next step but that’s difficult to attract in our current position in the league

He just isn’t the quality required to get to the next step but that’s difficult to attract in our current position in the league

I think my biggest issue is the fact he isn't even the quality for where we are now. Take the top striker from every team in the league. Would they do any worse than Tosun has?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back