2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’ve said Cenk is decent for where we are now but won’t take us to the next level
Only problem is we need CL to attract a top quality CF
We got lucky with Lukaku but unless Brands /Silva pulls a rabbit out of the hat we are going to have to wait for a 20+ a year striker.
As others have said if Bernard hits the ground running Ricarlison may get a run up top and I think he’d do well there

I don't think Richarlison is capable to play as a CF but maybe I am wrong. It's just he is so soft and also a targetted man for opposition defenders. He is getting fouled than many other EPL attackers.

As I’ve said Cenk is decent for where we are now but won’t take us to the next level
Only problem is we need CL to attract a top quality CF
We got lucky with Lukaku but unless Brands /Silva pulls a rabbit out of the hat we are going to have to wait for a 20+ a year striker.
As others have said if Bernard hits the ground running Ricarlison may get a run up top and I think he’d do well there

..top CFs are hard to come by which is why they cost so much, it would be great if Brands can unearth one who is still relatively unknown.

1025081244.jpg.jpg

Can't jump/won't jump?

The guy on the left is scoring their goal btw

I like Cenk but not sure near post defence is his thing!

I don't think Richarlison is capable to play as a CF but maybe I am wrong. It's just he is so soft and also a targetted man for opposition defenders. He is getting fouled than many other EPL attackers.
But his speed his ability to past a defender and his ability to finish give him the attributes needed
Getting fouled as a CF means penalties or free kicks in dangerous areas

But his speed his ability to past a defender and his ability to finish give him the attributes needed
Getting fouled as a CF means penalties or free kicks in dangerous areas

Yes, I am well aware of his speed and ability past a defender but I don't think it will be enough, as I thought about Cenk. He is a good striker but lack of pace limiting him and same goes for Richarlison. His pace is perfect and has an ability to past a defender but other areas could cause a problem for him.

Even though I think the pace is vital for EPL, it is not enough alone. For me, being a striker is about senses and ability to finish. So far he is the top scorer for the team but he uses gaps that Cenk and others making for him, we don't know how he'll perform as a CF because of that.

The main job silva wants him to do is opening space and let wingers flow on goal continue, so he does his job well in these few games I suppose.
If he adds clinical finishings as he used to in this job, then he will be decent at the statistics of "contribution on goal" stuff.

Also If he finds chances on goal, he misses soo few.

Status
Not open for further replies.