• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Charlton Athletic - Under threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many away fans went to the Hull game. Was it 177 who went to Huddersfield? I guess with it being a Saturday game and the new boss and players vowing to make amends, more went to the 6-0.

Living in Kent, always have had a spot for The Addicks, have friends who went to games, or rather they used to go, they have lost faith over the past year or two.

I went to all the Everton away games when playing Charlton at Selhurst, including the 3-2 defeat to a Jim Melrose hattrick early on in the 1986/87 season.

The Charlton team were at Kings Cross on Friday waiting for the same train to Hull I was waiting for. I spoke to one of them and he was a right miserable get. I wonder if it was the one reimbursing the away fans? Years ago, it used to be a common occurrence to see London teams in the bar at Lime Street waiting for the train back to London.

The Charlton team were at Kings Cross on Friday waiting for the same train to Hull I was waiting for. I spoke to one of them and he was a right miserable get. I wonder if it was the one reimbursing the away fans? Years ago, it used to be a common occurrence to see London teams in the bar at Lime Street waiting for the train back to London.

I remember in the late 80s, Charlton used to fly up to the Newcastle and all the spare seats would be taken by their fans, given the chance to fly there and back. Charlton did well in those away games, the story being the players didn't fancy between confronted by angry fans on the plane back if they had lost!

@mrs d' indica You need a billionaire. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35680770

Charlton Athletic fans protest against owners in England and Belgium

_88484981_fans_empics.jpg

Thousands of Charlton fans protested at The Valley after their defeat by Reading
Charlton fans protested against Roland Duchatelet's running of the club on Saturday - both at The Valley and in the owner's native Belgium.

About 20 Addicks fans travelled to Sint-Truiden, another club owned by Duchatelet, and protested at their home league game with Zulte Waregem.

A section of supporters have questioned his motives and expressed their anger at the turnover of managers, the club's recruitment strategy and the role of chief executive Katrien Meire in running the club.

Fans have formed a group called Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD).

Supporters protested inside and outside The Valley forCharlton's dramatic 4-3 defeat by Reading, which kept them bottom of the Championship.

The fans who travelled to Belgium, where Duchatelet's side lost 2-1, brought flyers in English and Dutch to hand out.

Earlier this week, former Charlton striker Yann Kermorgant - who now plays for Reading and scored twice in Saturday's game - said the owner's vision for the Championship club was "deluded".
_88484987_banners_empics.jpg

As well as outside the ground, Charlton fans also protested in The Valley during the game
One of Charlton's fans in Belgium tweeted a photo of Sint-Truiden fans wearing black and white scarves (the Addicks' protest scarves) with the flyers handed out
_88483965_charlton.jpg

Spoke to a Charlton supporting mate last week. He is a bit happier now that Russell Slade is in place but the real objective is to get the owners out. Season ticket boycott and appeals to sponsors to withdraw financial support seem to be having some effect. Don't underestimate what they can do when their club is threatened; they have been here before and survived and prospered. Good luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back