Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just example of what I was saying over the weekend:

For Saints first goal, backing into a defender before flicking it round the corner for Adam Armstrong to run onto.
For Saints second goal, brings it down out of the air before passing to Mara who then assists goal.
For Saints last chance on clip, nice little chest flick from the throw in to set up Mara for a shot.

All very basic centre forward stuff but without DCL completely missing from our games.

He reminds me a fair bit of early DCL. Doesnt win loads of headers by out jumping, but is strong, can bring people into play. Essentially like Rondon but a lot better.

Need 2 strikers, and not back ups. DCL's fitness can't be taken for granted.
Exactly how i think, we all thought Rondon would hardly play and he played way more because Lewin was always Injured, so far Lewin has started the same way, so any new "Back up" forward could be the main player for a while

He's finished imo - should have flogged him 1st July to a Newcastle or Man U.

Hopefully we can con someone into giving us £45-50 million for him next summer.

I would have sold at those numbers, but definitely didn't hear of any bids like that. I don't think the interest was really there this summer, and it makes sense because teams will want to see him prove his fitness again first.

He's finished imo - should have flogged him 1st July to a Newcastle or Man U.

Hopefully we can con someone into giving us £45-50 million for him next summer.

I dont think either were buyers mate.

And I cant see a world where anybody pays anywhere near that next summer.

I'm not a negative guy, but I dont see that at all I'm afraid.

FWIW I think Arsenal had lined him up at about 50m, but with his injuries they pulled out.

Theres a world, where Newcastle may panic in January and do something silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.