Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have sold at those numbers, but definitely didn't hear of any bids like that. I don't think the interest was really there this summer, and it makes sense because teams will want to see him prove his fitness again first.

If we are being really ruthless, the time to sell was probably last summer, when a big bid would have arrived.

Just as the time to sell Richarlison was late in that January window for 85m.

You have to have huge cajones to do it though. For Richarlison it would have been selling a player when we were still in a dogfight. For DCL selling a player the manager clearly fancied. It may have cost us.

The alternative is, we get Matheus Nunes and Luis Diaz done. Lots of ifs and buts like, but yea, nobody is paying us anything this summer for DCL

Bring Che Che in - a proper back up striker that we've needed for years.
Dont get why people think Adams will come in as a backup striker.

Think back. DCL was a good prospect that did so much as a striker. Pressing from front, holding up the ball, run the channels and give most defenders a tough time. But he hardly scored. He hardly had chances to score.

When Marco Silva was fired Dunc came in with his 442 formation. DCL and Richarlison together as strikers. They both looked great. That continued when Ancelotti came in. DCL was asked to stop pressing and stop running the channels. To stay in front of the goal and be ready when he got the ball. Be strong, bulk up and finish with his first touch. DCL became a goal scorer.

Since Ancelotti left the club DCL have been asked to start pressing again. To start running the channels. To play more with his back to the goal. Convenient to blame injuries, but he has not been much of a goal threat. He played 1300 minutes in the league last season and had one goal from open play. Mykolenko, Doucoure and Iwobi played fewer minutes per open play goal than DCL last season.

I like DCL, but it seems extremely optimistic to think that he will score a lot of (non-penalty) goals this season if Everton play with one striker. He has never been effective doing that.

Che Adams is a player that can come in and do a lot of those things Richarlison did next to DCL in a two. Press, stretch defences and running the channels.

As a backup striker, signing Che Adams does not make much sense. As an alternative to play with DCL in matches we need a three man midfield, I am sure he can do a job.

As backup and emergency striker I'd take him right now, fairly quick, mobile and strong. Never expect him to score 20 goals, or even 15, but we need someone who can keep us in the final third. We were hopeless with that against Villa.

As backup and emergency striker I'd take him right now, fairly quick, mobile and strong. Never expect him to score 20 goals, or even 15, but we need someone who can keep us in the final third. We were hopeless with that against Villa.

You're basically looking for a competent forward. There's plenty out there, we don't need to buy a cast-off from another relegation candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.