Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not a poor DCL. Play him as such and he'll look as poor as many expect.

Played as a second or linkup stríker Adams is a good PL option. We are about to do what Saints did last season, play him as a main striker and watch him struggle.

Danny Ings was top of the scoring charts when he played with Che, suffered when he didn't. It will be interesting how how our manager uses him.
Couldn't agree more.

Played as a second or linkup stríker Adams is a good PL option. We are about to do what Saints did last season, play him as a main striker and watch him struggle.

Danny Ings was top of the scoring charts when he played with Che, suffered when he didn't. It will be interesting how how our manager uses him.

Can’t wait to see him lead the line with Doucoure playing off him then.

No one should judge him on his past achievements and write him off.

McNeill scored as many league goals last season (7) that he did in for Burnley 130+ league games.

I would find it hard to believe Adams wouldn’t have scored at least one of those chances against Fulham.

Give Adams a chance I think he’ll outperform his expectation - which tbf shouldn’t be hard as most thing he’s horrific.

Half of them can’t string a sentence without a swear word & have say some ludicrous 💩 that they wouldn’t dear say in the pub or at the ground because they just get 🥊
If you pulled them up on it, they get all hissiy fit 🙄

A few on ere / twitter have asked me to go on one of them spaces but I could never bring myself to bother. Its like a breeding ground for mini mikeh72's all blabbering incoherent nonsense "lad if u dont bin yer season ticket yer an enemy of da fanbase and der french police were right yano".

Thats my worry as well - he seemed to have a good partnership with Ings in a front two. Did he ever play up top last season with anyone else in a 2 ?

A few on ere / twitter have asked me to go on one of them spaces but I could never bring myself to bother. Its like a breeding ground for mini mikeh72's all blabbering incoherent nonsense "lad if u dont bin yer season ticket yer an enemy of da fanbase and der french police were right yano".

Thats my worry as well - he seemed to have a good partnership with Ings in a front two. Did he ever play up top last season with anyone else in a 2 ?
My man...you chat enough bumgas on here the last thing the world needs is for you to be spreading it through the airwaves.

Problem is we don't have a Danny Ings so there is no one for him to link up with. What we've needed for 2 years at least is adequate cover for when DCL is injured.

If Che can't do that target man role he's on a hiding to nothing.

Yes, but as the main striker. It didn't really work. (for those not aware of my sad southern background I was a Saints season ticket holder until I moved to Wales this year).

By linkup I mean playing a little deep, bringing others into the play, making space and often making cruicial final passes. Little in the way of leading the line, heading prowess or bursts of pace. Sadly Che has the occasional 'can't hit a barn door with a banjo' moments, missing when it seems easier to hit the target.

The most promising pairing since Ings buggered off was with Broja but they didn't get played together that much. In part because when under pressure coaches go defensive and play a solo striker.

He'll put a shift in, all at Saints speak highly of his professionalism, look at his continued efforts even when on the cusp of a move, not sulking with a 'calf strain'.

Lets hope the magic happens with someone at Everton or it could be a long season.

When we signed Maupay did you think he'd be good company for that list you composed? We are, despite appearances, conditioned to be positive about players when they sign. I'll admit it, from your list I was genuinely positive about Bilic, Nyarko, Koldrup and Gbamin. Adams might not, and probably won't, be as bad as most on that list. However, we already know he won't be great, he almost certainly won't be very good, he'll likely be OK but no better than OK, and he might be another Maupay.

Those of us opposed to this transfer are, in part, mourning for the club and what this transfer means for us. We are fodder. That's what signing Ché Everton Adams confirms.
We have been a mediocre club for decades now but fans still have notions of our standing far removed from reality.

We need to establish a firm base initially (I think Dyche recognises that) , a firm base where we are again an established premiership team who are not relegation contenders every year. Unfortunately we have to do this on a shoestring budget.

We are not attractive to a lot of players at present so we have to work with those we can attract, if we can fit them into our budget.

If we can shake off the constant threat of relegation then gradually we may be able to improve and the new ground also offers hope of a brighter future.

In the meantime we are buying Che Adams and not Harry Kane and we need to realise that players like this can help stabilise the club but not drive us up into the top positions in the league, and at the moment that is enough.

We have been a mediocre club for decades now but fans still have notions of our standing far removed from reality.

We need to establish a firm base initially (I think Dyche recognises that) , a firm base where we are again an established premiership team who are not relegation contenders every year. Unfortunately we have to do this on a shoestring budget.

We are not attractive to a lot of players at present so we have to work with those we can attract, if we can fit them into our budget.

If we can shake off the constant threat of relegation then gradually we may be able to improve and the new ground also offers hope of a brighter future.

In the meantime we are buying Che Adams and not Harry Kane and we need to realise that players like this can help stabilise the club but not drive us up into the top positions in the league, and at the moment that is enough.
Showing my age a bit, but this could be a bit like the signing of Marcus Bent. It’s potentially the pinnacle move of Adams’ career and we could have a highly motivated player on our hands.
Bent was a willing workhorse putting the hard yards to press and run the channels for 5/6 months before his nose was put out of joint by the move for Beattie.

Of course, Adams could also be absolutely last for us🤦🏻‍♂️

Showing my age a bit, but this could be a bit like the signing of Marcus Bent. It’s potentially the pinnacle move of Adams’ career and we could have a highly motivated player on our hands.
Bent was a willing workhorse putting the hard yards to press and run the channels for 5/6 months before his nose was put out of joint by the move for Beattie.

don’t think it will be like marcus bent

we had cahill then to lift us :(

I might be showing my age and it could be more like Bernie Wright

Hope he wasn’t listening to the twitter spaces 😱😱😱
That whopper who came out with the greenwood and Ched Evans comments has obviously just rolled out of his pit, as he’s currently on twitter insulting anyone who disagreed with him last night.
He likes to come across as some sort of hero doing charity work and setting up gofund me’s, but he’s vile.

That whopper who came out with the greenwood and Ched Evans comments has obviously just rolled out of his pit, as he’s currently on twitter insulting anyone who disagreed with him last night.
He likes to come across as some sort of hero doing charity work and setting up gofund me’s, but he’s vile.
What's his twitter name? I'd like to have a look at this baboon.

Some absolute weapons in twitter. One fella yesterday saying his 10 year old son played with a broken rib so why did Dom get subbed off?

Because you're a terrible parent, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back