Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate is garbage

Dont particularly rate him in a back 4 but he always seem's decent in a back 3 when he has more protection.

We simply cant go to them away and play an open game they will rip us apart on the counter - Hazard, Jorginho, Willian, Morata, Pedro and Barkley are all dangerous, add in Alonso from full back and I fear we will give ourselves too much to do up front chasing goals.

Keep it tight and use our pace and quality on the break to hurt them - do that and we can get a 1-1 / 2-1 result. Go gung ho and I fear a 3-1 / 4-2 style defeat

Where the fu have you been the last 20 years then!?!?
I live in Melbourne and don't get to the match that often. Actually, the last time I was at Stamford Bridge was in the hotel
on holiday in August 2006, just before the season started. I did get to Goodison for the first match v Watford.

2 - 1 for us. They will batter us but fail to score, we start to play a bit but they then get one with a lucky deflection against the run of play. They get on top but we score against the run of play too. Then a Gylffi through ball after a Chelsea corner puts Richarlson one on one and he slots the winner. We hold on for the last 6 minutes of injury time.
I'm worried about those last six minutes of injury time, are you sure we'll hold on?

Not in Silva's make up I know, but personally I'd like to see extra attention being given to containing Hazard, and so would have Kenny at RB and Seamus at RWB.

Dont particularly rate him in a back 4 but he always seem's decent in a back 3 when he has more protection.

We simply cant go to them away and play an open game they will rip us apart on the counter - Hazard, Jorginho, Willian, Morata, Pedro and Barkley are all dangerous, add in Alonso from full back and I fear we will give ourselves too much to do up front chasing goals.

Keep it tight and use our pace and quality on the break to hurt them - do that and we can get a 1-1 / 2-1 result. Go gung ho and I fear a 3-1 / 4-2 style defeat
I remember him getting dropped by Koeman after Arnautovic tore him apart in a back three. Holgate should be nowhere near our team. He still has time to improve but currently he is championship quality at best.

I don't think we've ever played well with a back 3/5 personally. Stick to what we're doing well right now. Coyb
I think we should just play exactly how we have been doing, dont change things for Chelsea, stay positive, if we lose so be it, just dont go down there worrying about them, play our own game, least that way if we do lose we can at least not come away looking like idiots

I don't think we've ever played well with a back 3/5 personally. Stick to what we're doing well right now. Coyb
Don't have the players to do it. Holgate only as a back up if we were regularly playing it.
We'd need a L footed CB like Ake for starters, but can't see us going down that route.

When we were throwing away games earlier in the season and pre Gomes-Gana, I had this match down as a shambles.
Chelsea probably more than any other team are set up to destroy the team we were.
Chelsea are on a different level to Man U and Arsenal.
A good test to see where we are actually at.
Will be interesting to see what tactics Silva uses.
Think we will struggle, but it'll be a good struggle all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back