Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate. If Richarlison is injured I wouldn't be adverse to seeing us go 4-3-3 and push Walcott up top and drop Gylfi a little deeper

Gana Gomes

Siggurdsson

Lookman Walcott Bernard

Something like this.
Yeah I'd go with Mina the only change. If Richarlison is injured though it has to be DCL for me, we need him running the channels and stretching these.

Yeah I'd go with Mina the only change. If Richarlison is injured though it has to be DCL for me, we need him running the channels and stretching these.

I just wish DCL could actually finish - the lad has all the attributes to be a good PL striker but is absolutely garbage in front of goal.

That's my only fear him and Walcott miss bucket loads of chances and in these big games you cant afford 2 of your 3 forwards to be doing that (Bernard being the 3rd who missed an open goal against Utd)

He also doesnt use his strength enough for me, Tosun and Niasse are also garbage which is why Walcott is the only one imo who can cover for Rico and use his pace and movement to try target Luiz.

hope barkley does play, never slated the rats ability, but he's a sh1thouse of the highest order, he'd go hiding under a rock after a few minutes

SNAKKKEEEEEEEE
Miaow! What a crock. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Your observations are just bitter. Barkley was a good player and it's a shame he was ever sold

Miaow! What a crock. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Your observations are just bitter. Barkley was a good player and it's a shame he was ever sold

as parker said I never doubted his ability

and we never sold him through choice, we had to sell him because he wanted that massive signing on fee, rat

as parker said I never doubted his ability

and we never sold him through choice, we had to sell him because he wanted that massive signing on fee, rat

I do think it’s a shame we had to sell him and at that price I think we will look back and say Chelsea got a bargain.

However I also think that Siggy is a better player and don’t entirely see where he would fit into the current system. I’d love to know Marcos views on whether he is a player that he would want in this team.

I also think that Barkley really struggled with all the managerial changes and his performances suffered. This in turn made his demands seem unreasonable. Had he been playing to his potential we might not have found this as hard to swallow.

Either way hope he is dogger this weekend.

I still don't know why Barkley wanted to leave. I've heard a few suggestions but who knows? I don't think it was for money. I mean, when you earn as
much as top footballers, does more matter, especially when your an Evertonian playing for Everton.

I still don't know why Barkley wanted to leave. I've heard a few suggestions but who knows? I don't think it was for money. I mean, when you earn as
much as top footballers, does more matter, especially when your an Evertonian playing for Everton.
FWIW someone from the inside at GP told me " that money was all he talked about" and that was well before he went to Chelski.

..apparently he knows the value of a £, not exactly generous with his money. I’m not saying that’s the reason he left.

I hope Barkley plays because he´s never managed his emotions well in big games. There were plenty of times where he looked a complete mess going into derby matches due to nerves. So sluggish in his all round game, chances are that could be the case on Sunday too.

No Richarlison would make this a massive struggle, Calvert-Lewin and Tosun just aren´t good enough to lead the line in games like this. If needs be though, it´ll have to be DCL that plays because at least he´s a physical presence up there even if he´ll struggle to make the ball stick.

Chelsea should and probably will win but we´re getting better. Hopefully we show it on Sunday.

I think this "Richy is injured" thing is a mind game from us, they will be shocked to see him starting on sunday.

Bravo again Marco ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back