Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco Silva Chelsea press conference highlights:

Richarlison a doubt for Chelsea. Didn't train yesterday and didn't complete training today but doing individual work tomorrow.

He's a big loss as winger or forward but if someone else comes in he will have the full confidence of the manager and it's up to that player to grab his chance with both hands.

The players don't find out who's playing until 2 hours before kick off. (I suppose this stopped all them leaks?).

No decision in whether Mina will play yet.
Mina is a little bit different to Zouma but will definitely bring quality to the team when he plays.

Michael Keane keeps improving. He's a lot better than pre season and even the first game of this season. He is always willing to learn and trains hard. He can still improve but he's more valuable to us now than he ever was and is now playing with more confidence.

It"s my (Silva's) job to improve all our players and get the best out of them. He (Keane) had a poor season last year but we had to improve him and get him ready for his national team again.

Chelsea and the top six are difficult but we played Arsenal and United away and we challenged them. That will always be our way. Our job is to go there and get a positive result.

Barkley is a very good player but I am happy to work with the players in my squad.

We have to work well as a team. Hazard is currently the best player in the world so it will be difficult.

Sarri is a good manager and it's clear what his ambitions for Chelsea are.

Good luck to Tony Bellew. We had him at Finch Farm this week and the whole club will be supporting him.

Chelsea will be favourites but we are growing and getting better with every game. Compare us now to two months ago.

What we expect is for us to be ourselves on the pitch. Chelsea will try to make us play differently but i expect all my players to play exactly how we train and to be themselves. We have confidence in our work.

I expect our away record to improve. First two away games we almost won after being down to 10 men in both. We played well at Arsenal and United but they were more effective than us. We beat a good Leicester team away. I have no doubts on our away form.

On Richarlison again ... he cost a lot of money but none of us doubted him. He scores goals as striker and winger and connects with the fans as he never gives up.

Kenny still a doubt.

Jags and McCarthy fully fit and ready to be selected if required.

Academy transfer ban a bad thing. Our new CEO has done a lot of good work to now put these things right (a dig at Elstone?) and now for things to be more honest. It will not happen again in the future of our club. It is solved now and won't affect the way we prepare and play.

Our aim is to improve every day and be prepared for the next game

..I wondered if Silva might use Gueye in a man marking role on Hazard but I think he indicated in his conference that it’s up to the whole team to defend against him.

So the ref is Kevin Friend, I see the last time he officiated a match involves us was away Saints one where we lost 4-1, November 26, 2017

Be surprised if won this but much happier with having Silva in charge of it than any of the last 4 numpties. At least we will play some nice attack minded football and will have a game plan and an identity and if the lads give it their all for the full 90, then who knows. It is not impossible like it used to be.

If i was silva id tell the players to let them worry about us...

To win this match we need to be good on the counter...

Mina and Richarlison for the 2 goals.

They'll be worried about us if they can't break us down...with the counter attacking arsenal to hit em where it hurts.

Surely we're due to score from a corner - cometh the man, cometh the Minaute
(65 minute would be nice :))

Marco Silva Chelsea press conference highlights:

Richarlison a doubt for Chelsea. Didn't train yesterday and didn't complete training today but doing individual work tomorrow.

He's a big loss as winger or forward but if someone else comes in he will have the full confidence of the manager and it's up to that player to grab his chance with both hands.

The players don't find out who's playing until 2 hours before kick off. (I suppose this stopped all them leaks?).

No decision in whether Mina will play yet.
Mina is a little bit different to Zouma but will definitely bring quality to the team when he plays.

Michael Keane keeps improving. He's a lot better than pre season and even the first game of this season. He is always willing to learn and trains hard. He can still improve but he's more valuable to us now than he ever was and is now playing with more confidence.

It"s my (Silva's) job to improve all our players and get the best out of them. He (Keane) had a poor season last year but we had to improve him and get him ready for his national team again.

Chelsea and the top six are difficult but we played Arsenal and United away and we challenged them. That will always be our way. Our job is to go there and get a positive result.

Barkley is a very good player but I am happy to work with the players in my squad.

We have to work well as a team. Hazard is currently the best player in the world so it will be difficult.

Sarri is a good manager and it's clear what his ambitions for Chelsea are.

Good luck to Tony Bellew. We had him at Finch Farm this week and the whole club will be supporting him.

Chelsea will be favourites but we are growing and getting better with every game. Compare us now to two months ago.

What we expect is for us to be ourselves on the pitch. Chelsea will try to make us play differently but i expect all my players to play exactly how we train and to be themselves. We have confidence in our work.

I expect our away record to improve. First two away games we almost won after being down to 10 men in both. We played well at Arsenal and United but they were more effective than us. We beat a good Leicester team away. I have no doubts on our away form.

On Richarlison again ... he cost a lot of money but none of us doubted him. He scores goals as striker and winger and connects with the fans as he never gives up.

Kenny still a doubt.

Jags and McCarthy fully fit and ready to be selected if required.

Academy transfer ban a bad thing. Our new CEO has done a lot of good work to now put these things right (a dig at Elstone?) and now for things to be more honest. It will not happen again in the future of our club. It is solved now and won't affect the way we prepare and play.

Our aim is to improve every day and be prepared for the next game

UGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back