Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were throwing away games earlier in the season and pre Gomes-Gana, I had this match down as a shambles.
Chelsea probably more than any other team are set up to destroy the team we were.
Chelsea are on a different level to Man U and Arsenal.
A good test to see where we are actually at.
Will be interesting to see what tactics Silva uses.
Think we will struggle, but it'll be a good struggle all the same.

His Watford team should have been 4 or 5 -1 up against them last season,

He gets the tactics sorted as he did that day, and Richarlison doesn't have a mare like he did that day in front of goal then will be very interesting.

His Watford team should have been 4 or 5 -1 up against them last season,

He gets the tactics sorted as he did that day, and Richarlison doesn't have a mare like he did that day in front of goal then will be very interesting.
It’s refreshing to know we are not going to go there to keep the score down, we will have a good go at them and try and win the game. I’m going with 2-2 draw

It’s refreshing to know we are not going to go there to keep the score down, we will have a good go at them and try and win the game. I’m going with 2-2 draw

If they play Barkley, and Richarlison is fit to play, then fancy us to win this big.

Reactions: JLW

We need to go 3-5-2 for this one.

Pickford

Holgate Mina Keane

Coleman Gana Gomes Digne

Siggurdsson

Walcott Richarlison
I don't get this, we've played pretty much the whole season with a 4-2-3-1 and challenged the top teams at their gaff with said formation. But you want to change the formation against the best team we've played? Keep the formation the same, there's no need to change it, straight swap Mina for Zouma, simple.

I don't get this, we've played pretty much the whole season with a 4-2-3-1 and challenged the top teams at their gaff with said formation. But you want to change the formation against the best team we've played? Keep the formation the same, there's no need to change it, straight swap Mina for Zouma, simple.

Man City and Chelsea are streets ahead of Utd and Arsenal (who we both lost to)

At home im all for giving it a go and hope GP is rocking and rattles them... away from home is a totally different kettle of fish and if we go in a straight shoot out its a pistol vs an AK47 - who do you think is coming out on top mate?

I get people are excited and after the last 2 seasons of caution want to see us go and smash teams every week fearlessly, however the rebuild is not yet complete and we simply haven't the quality to out gun them just yet.

1.Play smart
2.Tactics

Those 2 will give us a better chance of 3 points than patting ourselves on the back after a 4-2 defeat.

hope barkley does play, never slated the rats ability, but he's a sh1thouse of the highest order, he'd go hiding under a rock after a few minutes

SNAKKKEEEEEEEE

Man City and Chelsea are streets ahead of Utd and Arsenal (who we both lost to)

At home im all for giving it a go and hope GP is rocking and rattles them... away from home is a totally different kettle of fish and if we go in a straight shoot out its a pistol vs an AK47 - who do you think is coming out on top mate?

I get people are excited and after the last 2 seasons of caution want to see us go and smash teams every week fearlessly, however the rebuild is not yet complete and we simply haven't the quality to out gun them just yet.

1.Play smart
2.Tactics

Those 2 will give us a better chance of 3 points than patting ourselves on the back after a 4-2 defeat.
You can have different tactics while playing the same formation. I for one don't want Coleman covering the wing on his own especially on the side Hazard and Alonso operate. I also don't want us to play 2 CB's who've had pretty much no game time against an in form Chelsea side with the leagues best player in it. Keep the system and change the personnel only slightly when forced (ie. Zouma).

A good defence comes from playing the same team over and over again so they are familiar with each other. Changing the formation and adding 2 players in will not help us. Especially when one can barely speak English and the other has fell of a cliff in terms of form and hasn't been in the first team squad for a while.

I also think Chelsea's biggest strength is that centre midfield, in particular Jorginho and Kante, I want as many players as possible overloading that midfield and blocking space. A 5 back is too negative imo and we'd get overwhelmed eventually against a team of this calibre.

You can have different tactics while playing the same formation. I for one don't want Coleman covering the wing on his own especially on the side Hazard and Alonso operate. I also don't want us to play 2 CB's who've had pretty much no game time against an in form Chelsea side with the leagues best player in it. Keep the system and change the personnel only slightly when forced (ie. Zouma).

A good defence comes from playing the same team over and over again so they are familiar with each other. Changing the formation and adding 2 players in will not help us. Especially when one can barely speak English and the other has fell of a cliff in terms of form and hasn't been in the first team squad for a while.

I also think Chelsea's biggest strength is that centre midfield, in particular Jorginho and Kante, I want as many players as possible overloading that midfield and blocking space. A 5 back is too negative imo and we'd get overwhelmed eventually against a team of this calibre.

Fair enough mate. If Richarlison is injured I wouldn't be adverse to seeing us go 4-3-3 and push Walcott up top and drop Gylfi a little deeper

Gana Gomes

Siggurdsson

Lookman Walcott Bernard

Something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back