• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

CL Final Inter Milan v Man City. Saturday 10th June 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri's money comes from Usmanov who is in Putin's back pocket, if you don't think it's blood money I don't know what to tell you.
Even if that is the case, Moshiri is not using that money to sportswash Russia. He is using it for his own ego or for future profit.

Newcastle, PSG, and Manchester City are sportswashing projects, designed purely to "normalise" and glorify despotic dystopias in the Middle East. Full stop. If you can't see the difference between dodgy businesspeople and sportswashing human rights abusing regimes, then that's on you.

Even if that is the case, Moshiri is not using that money to sportswash Russia. He is using it for his own ego or for future profit.

Newcastle, PSG, and Manchester City are sportswashing projects, designed purely to "normalise" and glorify despotic dystopias in the Middle East. Full stop. If you can't see the difference between dodgy businesspeople and sportswashing human rights abusing regimes, then that's on you.
Just because Russia isn't very good at it, doesn't mean they're not doing the same thing. The Abramovich led Russian investment into London in the 2000s was heavily backed by the government don't forget.

Just because Russia isn't very good at it, doesn't mean they're not doing the same thing. The Abramovich led Russian investment into London in the 2000s was heavily backed by the government don't forget.
That wasn't designed to sportswash for Russia. That was designed as a vehicle to make Abramovich respectable in the West and, therefore, harder for Putin to knock off. He had fallen out with him.

But yes, it is indeed the Tory government that has made all of this possible. They have no problem whatsoever with money from human rights abusing kleptocracies. Then again, when a sport allows people like Berlusconi and Abramovich to buy in, it's no surprise that we end up with the headchoppers being normalised too.

That wasn't designed to sportswash for Russia. That was designed as a vehicle to make Abramovich respectable in the West and, therefore, harder for Putin to knock off. He had fallen out with him.

But yes, it is indeed the Tory government that has made all of this possible. They have no problem whatsoever with money from human rights abusing kleptocracies. Then again, when a sport allows people like Berlusconi and Abramovich to buy in, it's no surprise that we end up with the headchoppers being normalised too.
I think what you define as being more evil than others comes down to a personal opinion, in my opinion.

Bad people are bad people full stop. We've been funded by one as well.

I think what you define as being more evil than others comes down to a personal opinion, in my opinion.

Bad people are bad people full stop. We've been funded by one as well.
Yes, I think you're right - but you have to draw a line somewhere. I think being a proven killer and oppressor of minorities is an order of magnitude more evil than being a ruthless businessman. I am not saying City fans shouldn't be joyous tonight: they didn't personally appoint their owners. I am saying that I find it impossible to take any pleasure in their success despite being somebody who loves European football. That's a personal observation that some will share and some will dismiss.

I will say this, though. My personal observation could well rub people who have spent most of the last five years being governed by Boris Johnson up the wrong way. The extremism that has been normalised by people like Johnson and Trump makes it very difficult for ordinary people to get too exercised over the influence of murderous despots in the game when the likes of Johnson are personally advocating the takeover of clubs by Arab dictatorships. In summary, tonight is merely the apotheosis - or nadir, to be more precise - of something that has been inevitable for a very long time. And, as you say, there are very few completely innocent people in any of this.

Because they lost.

It was classic Dave. Push the thread before the match saying you backed inter at 13/2 in case they win, so on the off chance they did you could be the visionary who predicted it.

Then when they lose, it was only a punt so you weren’t wrong and can still bash city who have just won a treble because they spent money.

Playing 4D chess with posts on a bloody message board is incredibly sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back