• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

CL Final Inter Milan v Man City. Saturday 10th June 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s definitely put them on the map.

Honestly, before the purchase, the only other time I ever heard of ‘Abu Dhabi’ was when Garfield shoved Nermal the cat or Odie the dog into a shipping box and mailed them there.
Which is what it's all about. Let's be honest, football is only a small component of it in terms of investment and real outcomes, but it's an easy and important one.

The UAE know they can't always rely on petrochemicals being their massive revenue stream, so they need to diversify. They need to become something else.

Saudi Arabia are pouring billions into their tin-pot league, whereas Abu Dhabi have successfully conquered 'the' global league and now Europe.

They've got shares in many other clubs around the world, and while they may not be as successful as City (or a larger profile) I know they'll become a focus.

Look at the City academy and how that's become the pinnacle in the English game.

If we had any clue, we'd try and ride City's tails through this. They'll challenge everything with some very expensive lawyers, we should use their's as a trial/showcase.
Plus, we never benefitted one jot from our 'irregularities'. Note this season's end for both clubs
It wouldn't surprise me if we found the only law firm version of the Keystone Cops in the whole of the UK to represent us...

Because they lost.

It was classic Dave. Push the thread before the match saying you backed inter at 13/2 in case they win, so on the off chance they did you could be the visionary who predicted it.

Then when they lose, it was only a punt so you weren’t wrong and can still bash city who have just won a treble because they spent money.
This is ludicrous. How is stating it's a good price in a two horse race to get 13/2 the same as say I expected them to win? I said a number of times City will probably win and they are clear favourites. But the two teams were never that far apart in quality and so 13/2 reprsented a good bet.

I suggest you go and familiarise with the definition of 'gamble'.

I'm having to explain all that ^^^ to a grown man.

FFS!

Nah, I do think it's an investment for Abu Dhabi - separate the personal owner and the state. City Football (the parent group) is growing and growing.

Their pinnacle asset has now won the greatest non-international competition, which will only grow the brand further. Their money has reaped rewards.

It's sport swashing, but for a country trying to diversify its economy from oil it's arguably one (small) but successful aspect of that.

A lot more middle eastern states who rely on oil exports will start to do this as you've seen with Saudi.

Qatar have with PSG/WC but I think they'll want a foothold in England at some stage.

You have Dubai, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman amongst others.

Important we are the club to be snapped up when the time comes hence why we need to stay clear of US parasites until then.

No achievement really, so no respect earned, nothing title really just like the PL

Congrats to Inter.
Exactly.

Inter's Inzaghi out-strategised Guardiola, and his players got more out of themselves on the night than their counterparts did. They were very unfortunate to not get on terms and force ET...City were desperate to get their outrageously expensive team off the pitch to avoid that bcause they'd have lost in ET.

A lot more middle eastern states who rely on oil exports will start to do this as you've seen with Saudi.

Qatar have with PSG/WC but I think they'll want a foothold in England at some stage.

You have Dubai, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman amongst others.

Important we are the club to be snapped up when the time comes hence why we need to stay clear of US parasites until then.
I think owning clubs will become more common, but it isn't a priority. Qatar has bought into financial institutions and other industries.

Dubai is becoming a major tourist attraction and financial hub in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia and the PIF are spending immense amounts on infrastructure.

It wants to become a tourist destination, too. Football builds a profile around the world, but it ain't going to bring them money in - it's purely PR.

City were fortunate as they were one of the first to do it, which has put them at an advantage.

Exactly.

Inter's Inzaghi out-strategised Guardiola, and his players got more out of themselves on the night than their counterparts did. They were very unfortunate to not get on terms and force ET...City were desperate to get their outrageously expensive team off the pitch to avoid that bcause they'd have lost in ET.

Inter were brilliant, its great seeing them and Arsenal really taking on these financial bottomless pit corporations.

Exactly.

What were the ET odds mate?

Did anyone get killed last night? No riots? No mass brawls or mass theft going on all over the place? No shameful, embarrassing episodes the make fans of English football clubs look like scum? Hang on a minute, are you trying to tell me that an English football club participated in a champions league final and it went off without any trouble? It felt like a joyous occasion for the fans, with people having a good time in the moment rather then a long drawn out, sinister night that carried the threat of violence throughout? How can that be!? Whats that? Liverpool weren't playing you say? Ah, that makes sense now.......

That's because thousands of ticketless City fans didn't try and vault over perimeter fences or shove blag tickets into machines or vault turnstiles or rob their mate's tickets off them.

That's the Kopites' birth right.

Are you really coming back in for another pasting?

Lol.
'Ouch'

bc221529-2948-4b43-bbea-72079a6447b9_text.gif

Inter were brilliant, its great seeing them and Arsenal really taking on these financial bottomless pit corporations.

De Bruyne was having to work that hard to find space against the Inter press his hamstring snapped.

When they went off at HT they looked a beaten team.

But that's just it about City: they have bought that much world class quality in every position that their manager's tactics can be a busted flush on the night and they can still see one of them step up with a goal from a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back