• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

CL Final Inter Milan v Man City. Saturday 10th June 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent a few hundred million and fell on our faces. I have no bother accepting that. But anyone thinking that Abramovic and Mansour didn't buy two no mark clubs their success with billions and billions are living in a fantasy world.
It still has to be done correctly. There are many variables that have to come together as you know. Chelsea still have money for instance.

De Bruyne was having to work that hard to find space against the Inter press his hamstring snapped.

When they went off at HT they looked a beaten team.

But that's just it about City: they have bought that much world class quality in every position that their manager's tactics can be a busted flush on the night and they can still see one of them step up with a goal from a CB.

With what they have and can spend its actually a disgrace its taken them this long to win, the thing with Pep is hes blown the last few years on - trying to be to clever for us own good, hes not great at holding composure to me.

The whole thing is stupid, City fall at the last hurdle, go out and buy Grealsih for 100 mill, then Halland on 400k a week, stumble over the line and people are hailing it - please have a look at yourself- its all fake.

Inter the real winners, Arsenal to for my money.

Exactly.

Inter's Inzaghi out-strategised Guardiola, and his players got more out of themselves on the night than their counterparts did. They were very unfortunate to not get on terms and force ET...City were desperate to get their outrageously expensive team off the pitch to avoid that bcause they'd have lost in ET.

Pep did look like he was flapping at stages in the game.

And when Haaland isn't scoring tap ins...he's really a limited footballer

With what they have and can spend its actually a disgrace its taken them this long to win, the thing with Pep is hes blown the last few years on - trying to be to clever for us own good, hes not great at holding composure to me.

The whole thing is stupid, City fall at the last hurdle, go out and buy Grealsih for 100 mill, then Halland on 400k a week, stumble over the line and people are hailing it - please have a look at yourself- its all fake.

Inter the real winners, Arsenal to for my money.
Yeah Inter are massive winners, oh wait they got done for FFP in 2014 and had to borrow over £300m to cover COVID losses despite being under Chinese ownership

Arsenal are no winners either, they had the title in their hands and bottled it, after spending big to bring in Jesus, Zinchenko, Jorginho, Trossard, Vieira and Kiwior

Yeah Inter are massive winners, oh wait they got done for FFP in 2014 and had to borrow over £300m to cover COVID losses despite being under Chinese ownership

Arsenal are no winners either, they had the title in their hands and bottled it, after spending big to bring in Jesus, Zinchenko, Jorginho, Trossard, Vieira and Kiwior

Don't understand your point mate, Inter got done for FFP and punished 10 years ago as it should be - Arsenal spent money, ok.....so what.

Moral winners mate, they all schooled Pep and City to the point of forfeit. Ran KdB's hamstrings off him, that's the tactics, the genius in the game plan.
Pure fire!

This is ludicrous. How is stating it's a good price in a two horse race to get 13/2 the same as say I expected them to win? I said a number of times City will probably win and they are clear favourites. But the two teams were never that far apart in quality and so 13/2 reprsented a good bet.

I suggest you go and familiarise with the definition of 'gamble'.

I'm having to explain all that ^^^ to a grown man.

FFS!
Agree with this. 13/2 was value - no doubt.

But I'm not sure that's what the posters who are coming at you are talking about.

That they’re not the holy of holy you’re embarrassingly trying to project

You're being a bit melodramatic mate, good if Inter were punished for breaches 10 years ago - that's exactly my point all should be applied fairly, City should be and are in the dock for same and such - which is my point in terms of integrity, competitiveness and fairness - * beside all their titles in between. Arsenal spent money as is their right to do fairly.

Not sure you are breaking any ground here or making any point really.

Last edited:
You're being a bit melodramatic mate, good if Inter were punished for breaches 10 years ago - that's exactly my point all should be applied fairly, City should be and are in the dock for same and such - which is my point in terms of integrity, competitiveness and fairness - * beside all their titles in between. Arsenal spent money as is their right to do fairly.

Not sure you are breaking any ground here or making any point really.
It never amounted to more than a fine and a European squad reduction, they’ve also done what Chelsea are doing, using a loophole around transfers to avoid breaches. Not to mention having the gall to try and sue the MLS for using the word Inter

It never amounted to more than a fine and a European squad reduction, they’ve also done what Chelsea are doing, using a loophole around transfers to avoid breaches. Not to mention having the gall to try and sue the MLS for using the word Inter

Good for Inter, they took their medicine and now are working within the rules! Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back