• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

CL Final Inter Milan v Man City. Saturday 10th June 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see anything other than City winning here.

Take away the fact that City are absolutely cruising and like a well oiled machine, Inter are the perfect example of a perfect storm in a cup run.

City’s half of the draw featured PSG, Bayern, Real, Liverpool, Dortmund.
Inter’s featured Club Brugge, Benfica, Porto, Milan, Spurs for example.

This will be Inters toughest test and I just can’t see anything other than a comfortable City win. They won’t necessarily blow them away, but they’ll win 2-0, 3-1 or something.

Hoping for a good contest, but just feel Inter will lack pace to get past city’s back line.

I don't usually bet (except the lottery) but was thinking of sticking a small wager on Lukaku to get the winner.
I cant see the odds for that, but Lukaku is 12/1 to be last goal scorer.

HT draw / FT Inter win looks tempting - 15/1.

Take away the fact that City are absolutely cruising and like a well oiled machine, Inter are the perfect example of a perfect storm in a cup run.

This will be Inters toughest test and I just can’t see anything other than a comfortable City win. They won’t necessarily blow them away, but they’ll win 2-0, 3-1 or something.

Hoping for a good contest, but just feel Inter will lack pace to get past city’s back line.
One off game though.

City should win because of their firepower, but Inter are no mugs and they have no pressure on them. That makes them a dangerous team.

One off game though.

City should win because of their firepower, but Inter are no mugs and they have no pressure on them. That makes them a dangerous team.

Just can’t see how they do it.
Is Dzeko a very good forward, even at his age? Yes. But is he mobile enough to beat the City back line? I just can’t see it.

I just want a close game, and I don’t for one second tbink Inter will roll over, think it’ll be. A goood game but quality will avail.

I read somewhere (don't know is it true) that Austrians and Bavarians see everyone north of Bavaria as "Prussians".

From what i remember historically, southern (Catholic) Germany always looked more favorably toward very Catholic (Habsburg) Austrian Empire then toward Protestant North and Berlin.
Exactly. And as many other countries are as well, Germany is a patchwork of many smaller countries. I'm from the Rhineland and I don't feel any connection whatsoever to Bavaria, no pride connected to the international exploits of that horrid sausage club from Munich.

I now live in Austria and they really do hold a latent hatred for Germans. It's funny to me, really. But you realize that even though we speak the same language and on the surface, in the mainstream, have very similar cultures we are still very different. Don't get me wrong, I love Austria (at least the central and western parts) but I'm contemplating going back each time I'm home. Here in Vienna, people are very whiny, always complaining, even though they live in one of the most beautiful cities there is. And sometimes it's getting exhausting struggling not to get dragged down by that attitude.

Now, that was a tangent. I'm guessing it's the same in the UK. Why should someone from Liverpool care about a London club in the third tier of European football. Doesn't make sense. Either you have sympathy for the club itself or they can feck off.

One off game though.

Plenty of teams in that position have lifted it. City is great. Inter is good. Merely good sides can win a one-off, and have.

Exactly. And as many other countries are as well, Germany is a patchwork of many smaller countries. I'm from the Rhineland and I don't feel any connection whatsoever to Bavaria, no pride connected to the international exploits of that horrid sausage club from Munich.

I now live in Austria and they really do hold a latent hatred for Germans. It's funny to me, really. But you realize that even though we speak the same language and on the surface, in the mainstream, have very similar cultures we are still very different. Don't get me wrong, I love Austria (at least the central and western parts) but I'm contemplating going back each time I'm home. Here in Vienna, people are very whiny, always complaining, even though they live in one of the most beautiful cities there is. And sometimes it's getting exhausting struggling not to get dragged down by that attitude.

Now, that was a tangent. I'm guessing it's the same in the UK. Why should someone from Liverpool care about a London club in the third tier of European football. Doesn't make sense. Either you have sympathy for the club itself or they can feck off.
Maybe Austrians are just pissed off because of how history worked out he he. They lost both their vast multi-national empire and they lost leadership of German world to Berlin.

If Habsburgs were little more competent and if they invested more into their army, capital of Germany would be now in Vienna and people would instead argue are Prussians German or not.

So Inter got the RS's usual side of the draw.

Just can’t see how they do it.
Is Dzeko a very good forward, even at his age? Yes. But is he mobile enough to beat the City back line? I just can’t see it.

I just want a close game, and I don’t for one second tbink Inter will roll over, think it’ll be. A goood game but quality will avail.
If it gets to HT on level terms I'd be very wary if I were a Man City fan.

Dumfires breaks very quickly and can get quality in to Lautaro and Dzeko. The CM three Mkhitaryan, Calhanoglu and Barella press well and are disciplined.

I also think it's a huge deal that Inter have 'been there done that' in this competition.

If it gets to HT on level terms I'd be very wary if I were a Man City fan.

Dumfires breaks very quickly and can get quality in to Lautaro and Dzeko. The CM three Mkhitaryan, Calhanoglu and Barella press well and are disciplined.

I also think it's a huge deal that Inter have 'been there done that' in this competition.
I would definitely put Brozovic there, man can run and press much better than Calhanoglu. He is the one who was protecting Modric/Kovacic/Rakitic ass in our national team with usually 10+ km covered per match.

I would definitely put Brozovic there, man can run and press much better than Calhanoglu. He is the one who was protecting Modric/Kovacic/Rakitic ass in our national team with usually 10+ km covered per match.
Reports are suggesting if he does play it'll be at the expense of Mkhitaryan who's struggling for fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back