Club social media mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
How can a picture of Anne Frank get past those in charge as well as the joke names.. what started out as a nice way to remember those who have passed during the pandemic, only to be hijacked by pranks. Surely the club social media team should have considered this could have happened and vetted names and pictures properly. Perhaps the social media is run by people with no WW2 history as part of their education and maybe could be forgiven for a mistake. On the other hand it was left up for hours after it was pointed out by people and should have been delt with swiftly.. thoughts..

Last edited:
I'm going to guess that it was done by a younger person who is maybe not aware of Anne Frank or it just slipped through because of the amount of memorials being posted.

The finger pointing here should be solely at the person who thought it would be "top bantz" to do such a thing rather than the club who try to do something nice and touching (as they normally do) only for some knob to take advantage of it.

Shitheads thinking they're hilarious.

This future isn't the future I was promised growing up back in the 60s and 70s. Its an amoral, shallow society run and lead by corrupt, greedy self serving politicians and businesses.

Not a day goes by without me feeling actually glad that I'm getting old and don't have to put up with it that much longer. Feel like I've been conned.

How can a picture of Anne Frank get past those in charge as well as the joke names.. what started out as a nice way to remember those who have passed during the pandemic, only to be hijacked by pranks. Surely the club social media team should have considered this could have happened and vetted names and pictures properly. Perhaps the social media is run by people with no WW2 history as part of their education and maybe could be forgiven for a mistake. On the other hand it was left up for hours after it was pointed out by people and should have been delt with swiftly.. thoughts..

Not wanting to besmirch an entire generation, but if you think a lot of people who are of the age to be running social media accounts are clued up on history you’d be mistaken.

Amongst other things.

Various joke names were thrown in there too. I just don't get it, as much as I'm not as clued up on modern history, you witnessed Anne Frank immediately.

Whoever thought it would be hilarious to submit them, amongst names like Mike Oxsmall, are a joke.

Such a lack or respect for the fans who the video meant loads to. Someone will be getting an earful today, and rightly so, for me.

Let's be honest a lot of people of younger generations might not of picked up so easily on who Anne Frank is, they might know the name but not the face. If one put the slide show together it's a mistake they could male.
It's not like it was an obvious one like Purple Aki or Osama Bin Laden.

However they should have email records, if they can trace who sent it a life ban should be handed out.

Shitheads thinking they're hilarious.

This future isn't the future I was promised growing up back in the 60s and 70s. Its an amoral, shallow society run and lead by corrupt, greedy self serving politicians and businesses.

Not a day goes by without me feeling actually glad that I'm getting old and don't have to put up with it that much longer. Feel like I've been conned.

Heavy analysis over what was a poor attempt at humour.

Hope you're ok, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.