Club social media mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem for me, you can forgive not spotting Anne Frank in a lineup of pictures but there's some names in there alongside the deaths of loved ones that should never have made it through quality assurance.
It is difficult to catch sometimes. There is an element of good faith when asking for submissions for a memorial. Mike oxsmall and Faye knewes hardly stand out when you're reading through hundreds, if not thousands of names. This is especially true when you consider how many prank names they've probably had to trawl through and remove.

If everyone is going to jump on the club for what was meant as a nice gesture, just because some nobheads thought they were being funny, they may as well not bother. We are letting "being offended" detract from what was genuine gesture by the club.

There's no point automatically blaming a red for it. Lots of blues online have said they've found it funny, it's probably more likely to be a teenage blue than a kopite. Sadly every club has idiots.
Can't have a go at the club really, I'm sure improvements will be made to stop this stupid nonsense happening again.

I also genuinely don't think ANY blue of any age would have put forward the stupid, crass names and/or the photo of Anne Frank, and sulley and denigrate a memorial that was for the many blues we've lost during the pandemic.

Shame on them, whoever they are and support, but it's much worse if they are Evertonians.

Hopefully, whoever they are get caught and punished appropriately.

I'm not automatically saying it was reds who have done this either, but it was first eagerly shared to me by some plassy kopites I know, laughing they're heads off at it. Let's be honest, they have done much worse than this, so wouldn't put it past them.

I didn't even notice the photo inside the ground and I shared the video before it was pulled of social media.

It was very emotional, very poignant and well done and brought a tear to my eye - it wasn't the photos that hit me, it was that there were so many names on the video, just so sad.

Rip to all who we lost and my thoughts and best wishes to all those they left behind.

This is exactly what I mean.... Social media is an echo chamber for hate, extreme opinions but also outrage. What has started as a bad joke has now escalated to a celebrity accusing evertonians of being anti-Semitic and trying to "educate" us.

It was an idiot who slipped a photo into a memorial video, not a club mocking a victim of the hollocaust.

It is difficult to catch sometimes. There is an element of good faith when asking for submissions for a memorial. Mike oxsmall and Faye knewes hardly stand out when you're reading through hundreds, if not thousands of names. This is especially true when you consider how many prank names they've probably had to trawl through and remove.

If everyone is going to jump on the club for what was meant as a nice gesture, just because some nobheads thought they were being funny, they may as well not bother. We are letting "being offended" detract from what was genuine gesture by the club.
In fairness I had to say Mike Oxsmall in my head a few times and didn't figure it out untill I said it out loud.. the misses thinks I've lost it.

The real sickos are the ones who submitted that pic in the first place. Dunno how it wasn't picked up by someone in editing and reviewing though.

It was a wonderful touch by the club, shame that some attention-seeking idiots have tried to ruin it.

Mistakes happen, wouldn't get on any staff member's back over it. Direct your ire at the b-word who submitted it. Grow up you clown.

Did it for clout. What an absolute nugget.

Yes it was a awful mistake but clearly its someone who does not know what Anne Frank looks like. I think if they are over say 30 its inexcusable but someone in their early 20's may have never come across her story.

Status
Not open for further replies.