Club social media mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've saw a few blues upset by this.

It wasn't just the picture of Anne Frank either was it?

It goes without saying that matters like this are dealt with attention, and delicately.

Evidently, there was a lack of attention/some pretty basic safeguards that should be in place for such 'content' failed.

This isn't just for in the stadium, it's shared to millions online.

Not wanting to besmirch an entire generation, but if you think a lot of people who are of the age to be running social media accounts are clued up on history you’d be mistaken.
Fair point, but it was left up for several hours after it was pointed out to them.

I've saw a few blues upset by this.

It wasn't just the picture of Anne Frank either was it?

It goes without saying that matters like this are dealt with attention, and delicately.

Evidently, there was a lack of attention/some pretty basic safeguards that should be in place for such 'content' failed.

This isn't just for in the stadium, it's shared to millions online.

All down to the PR/Social Media/Media department not doing their job IMO. Poor quality control.

Not saying they should be vetting every name, but there should be a check. Cos if someone on the web finds all the fake names and photos within minutes...what are the people being paid to put it together are doing?

All down to the PR/Social Media/Media department not doing their job IMO. Poor quality control.

Not saying they should be vetting every name, but there should be a check. Cos if someone on the web finds all the fake names and photos within minutes...what are the people being paid to put it together are doing?
To be fair they have been advertising for a social media and content manager for the past few weeks...

I was going to apply for it myself but looking at some of the comments on here and elsewhere I don't think I will bother!

Managed to make the Dutch newspapers and irk an entire nation, for whom Frank is a symbol of resistance and freedom. Only Everton could turn a Covid memorial for supporters into an international ballsup

You've just highlighted why it isn't realistic... One person doing a job where it's on a list of many things to do Vs everyone on the internet. If someone had sent me that photo and said it was a relative, I'd not think twice about vetting it unless it was obvious. The fake names will have been vetted. The only one that seemed to get by was Faye knewes. Again, hardly offensive and definitely easily missed.

My opinion is it's as simple as it being sensitive, emotive material.

Give it the attention it deserves.

Don't use automation.

Have a few people review/sense check it.

The reality is, any company/organisation need to factor in idiots when entrusted with sensitive material. Especially when they broadcast it to millions.

Sky News are reporting club officials to be appalled - I'm sure they'll review process to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Let's be honest a lot of people of younger generations might not of picked up so easily on who Anne Frank is, they might know the name but not the face. If one put the slide show together it's a mistake they could male.
It's not like it was an obvious one like Purple Aki or Osama Bin Laden.

However they should have email records, if they can trace who sent it a life ban should be handed out.
Why would a kopite be worried about a goodison ban?

Heavy analysis over what was a poor attempt at humour.

Hope you're ok, mate.
I'm ok. Its just added to all the other shithousery from around the planet on a daily basis, from big business ripping up he planet to turn it into tat to sell, politicians ripping everybody off, fraud everywhere you look, wars and now trivial irritations like a guffawing attention seeking idiot cackling at how clever they feel but ready to curl up and be offended if they don't get the required number of likes for their prank.

It all points to there being more humans being increasingly horrible, horrible creatures. The planet needs an asteroid.

How can a picture of Anne Frank get past those in charge as well as the joke names.. what started out as a nice way to remember those who have passed during the pandemic, only to be hijacked by pranks. Surely the club social media team should have considered this could have happened and vetted names and pictures properly. Perhaps the social media is run by people with no WW2 history as part of their education and maybe could be forgiven for a mistake. On the other hand it was left up for hours after it was pointed out by people and should have been delt with swiftly.. thoughts..
My thoughts are it's the stupid attention seeking bellends that should be punished.

Proper punishment too. Crosscheck from the email it was sent in, If they're ST holders, refund and revoke. Back on the waiting list ya little gimp.

The only mistake the club made was trusting people to not behave like trash. Unfortunately as usual some people couldn't even manage that on such a serious occasion and just had to share their little "joke". No doubt the same losers who sent those images in where the also the ones to point them out to everyone else when it dawned on the gormless scum that nobody even noticed their prank at the match.

Not wanting to besmirch an entire generation, but if you think a lot of people who are of the age to be running social media accounts are clued up on history you’d be mistaken.
This,
You'd hope they run a Mk I eyeball over the finished product and spot the slipped in pics of hitler etc.
Anne Frank rightly has name recognition, I'd hope to spot her, but I'm an arl arse.
But if you're scanning visually, it could just slip by as yet another old B&W photo.

Hopefully we have a 'fool me once' situation and it won't happen at new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.