Club social media mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok. Its just added to all the other shithousery from around the planet on a daily basis, from big business ripping up he planet to turn it into tat to sell, politicians ripping everybody off, fraud everywhere you look, wars and now trivial irritations like a guffawing attention seeking idiot cackling at how clever they feel but ready to curl up and be offended if they don't get the required number of likes for their prank.

It all points to there being more humans being increasingly horrible, horrible creatures. The planet needs an asteroid.

Glad you're ok.

I agree, it seems like people are becoming worse. I wonder if it has always been the case, but maybe we are more aware of it all now.

The "prank" in question was of very poor taste, hopefully the club adds some restrictions in place to prevent anything like this happening again.

Glad you're ok.

I agree, it seems like people are becoming worse. I wonder if it has always been the case, but maybe we are more aware of it all now.

The "prank" in question was of very poor taste, hopefully the club adds some restrictions in place to prevent anything like this happening again.
I try to convince myself that its just that news of these things is more easily spread than in the past. If I have to make myself feel better about the present by comparing today with slavery, viking raids and pillaging, plagues, diaspora and genocides of the past, then its hardly a telling indictment!

As a civilisation we really are overdue for outgrowing this sort of stuff and consigning the wrongdoers into a bin.

I'm ok. Its just added to all the other shithousery from around the planet on a daily basis, from big business ripping up he planet to turn it into tat to sell, politicians ripping everybody off, fraud everywhere you look, wars and now trivial irritations like a guffawing attention seeking idiot cackling at how clever they feel but ready to curl up and be offended if they don't get the required number of likes for their prank.

It all points to there being more humans being increasingly horrible, horrible creatures. The planet needs an asteroid.

The worlds not that bad mate.

No worse now than at points in history.

Maybe try and manage how much misery is forced into your eyes and ears - there's no shortage of platforms trying to do that. Probably fair to say you're on one now lol

The world is an amazing place. It's just spoiled by our species. We are not really any more advanced than we were in medieval times. It's just that the pitchforks and flaming torches have been replaced by social media.

I think sadly whenever the club tries to do this there is always some moron who tries to hijack these things and make a mockery of them. Its hurtful to the families and friends of these individuals who have died. Anyone who thinks this is OK is an idiot in my view, whoever submitted that image of Anne Frank should be publicly shamed, lets see how funny it is then

As others have said.. no point in blaming the club for anything here. Surely we can track down the people that submitted those joke names/pictures and let their families/employers know?

I think sadly whenever the club tries to do this there is always some moron who tries to hijack these things and make a mockery of them. Its hurtful to the families and friends of these individuals who have died. Anyone who thinks this is OK is an idiot in my view, whoever submitted that image of Anne Frank should be publicly shamed, lets see how funny it is then
These things always happen because there is a reaction. What is, in reality, a mildly offensive, childish joke made in poor taste, has made international news. That is not going to deter people from doing it again.

I seem to remember somebody getting purple Aki onto a fan mural at a stadium in the US. Most on here thought it was hilarious. The risk with that is somebody will see it as an opportunity to copy it for cheap laughs, take it too far or miss the importance of context and do something which is deemed offensive.

I was wondering what this was related to this morning until I saw this.

It reflects very badly on the club, after enough negative publicity.

Inviting tributes from the public is a great gesture, not to vet the submissions is beyond belief.

I was wondering what this was related to this morning until I saw this.

It reflects very badly on the club, after enough negative publicity.

Inviting tributes from the public is a great gesture, not to vet the submissions is beyond belief.
There likley was a vetting process but some slipped through, I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Hitler or Sadam were weeded out... leaving it up for hours after it was pointed out is where my issue lies.

The majority of the blame should surely be on the bellends who sent it although you do wonder why it wasn't quality assured.

If it was, I'm worried that the person hasn't recognised Anne Frank.

Wouldn’t put much blame on the club tbh, though most know the name Anne frank not everyone will know what she looks like, can understand how it might’ve slipped through especially if the person doing our social media is youngish

Dunno why you'd attempt to do a funny with a memorium. Sad acts.
Stupid people do stupid things. Not understanding the context of either using Anne Frank or doing it in a serious video is the worst part. I do feel the media reaction is a bit over the top, though, especially when you consider how often they've fallen victim to similar "pranks".

I've saw a few blues upset by this.

It wasn't just the picture of Anne Frank either was it?

It goes without saying that matters like this are dealt with attention, and delicately.

Evidently, there was a lack of attention/some pretty basic safeguards that should be in place for such 'content' failed.

This isn't just for in the stadium, it's shared to millions online.
This is the problem for me, you can forgive not spotting Anne Frank in a lineup of pictures but there's some names in there alongside the deaths of loved ones that should never have made it through quality assurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.