Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended it says... does that mean temporary or permanently ?

Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines. Thought it was interesting terminology.
this thing wont go on forever, it must end (unless the world ends in a nuclear apocalypse, but then our sponsorship deals may not matter as much)

Once the conflict is over we should be able to get Usmanov back on board. He's only been sanctioned to put pressure on Putin who is the problem.
I'll be astonished if these sanctions aren't in place for the best part of a decade. There is no way Putin is backing down and Usmanov and Co have shown no indication of putting any distance between themselves and Putin.

Equally, having had the Oligarchs and their assets used against him in this way, there seems little prospect that the russian state will allow the old status quo to re-establish any time soon.

Whatever the language being used, this is a decision with long term implications.

I'll be astonished if these sanctions aren't in place for the best part of a decade. There is no way Putin is backing down and Usmanov and Co have shown no indication of putting any distance between themselves and Putin.

Equally, having had the Oligarchs and their assets used against him in this way, there seems little prospect that the russian state will allow the old status quo to re-establish any time soon.

Whatever the language being used, this is a decision with long term implications.

If Putin feels the oligarchs are becoming his "achilles heel", you can be assured he will not allow that to continue in the future - if the oligarchs don't deal with him first in order to preserve their existing wealth and power.

If Putin feels the oligarchs are becoming his "achilles heel", you can be assured he will not allow that to continue in the future - if the oligarchs don't deal with him first in order to preserve their existing wealth and power.
This would be a win win situation as far as the world is concerned, there does not seem to be a succession line waiting to carry on Putin's regime as we have seen in other "rogue" countries or maybe it could create a vacuum to be filled by other crazies?

Taking him out internally would be a better option than conflict escalating tho, which currently seems highly likely as he is a stubborn bar steward.

A long protracted conflict and sanction regime does nothing good for anyone, including the Ukrainians.

It's possible that wording is intentional while the legal side is worked out. Depending on what was signed and how much money has already changed hands, it can be a drawn out process to cancel a contract. Not to mention that Moshiri is the owner majority owner of one party and a minority shareholder of the other party...

Maybe I'm being naive but I find it hard to believe that the partnerships have any chance of continuing at a later date. It's not like Russia is going to pull out of Ukraine tomorrow and apologize to the world. This is going to be a long complicated thing and Umanov is likely to remain sanctioned for a while. At least long enough where we need to go looking for alternative sources of partnership revenue.

Very good point.

Would assume most deals have intricate legal jargon contained within the small print for withdrawals/terminations etc.
Maybe similar with how Mason Greenwood rather quickly and publicly lost all his sponsorship deals.
The companies haven't been sanctioned here yet - I'm assuming any small print in contracts will only kick in when that actually happens. It'll be lawyer speak for now and necessary to avoid us being on the hook for any money for breach of contract.

Not happy just little prouder than yesterday...

I have no mince with the Russian people, just with Putin and gang. Undeniably Usmanov is connected to Putin. He himself could do the right and openly and conclusively be no longer be part of Putin's circle.

Might cost him his life.

Tough times ahead…
037E1602-FBEB-4CD8-9DB4-D3E543488325.jpeg

The Russian economy cannot sustain the current level of isolation.
We, in the west, will find that it is no picnic either. The price of food, fuel and goodness knows what else will rocket.

The effect in Russia is only beginning to bite now, it will take longer in Western Europe but it will happen. There will be an enormous shortage of wheat because there probably won't be any coming from Russia or the Ukraine this year.

This is turning into an economic war as much as an invasion and it is the economic that will bring it to a quick conclusion.

I can envisage a military takeover in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.