Computer games.

Played a couple of hours of TLOU2 and think it’s really good so far, personally.

Played through TLOU in the past week prior to starting so I’d like to think I have a recent memory to compare to, a lot of people unfortunately get nostalgic and seem to expect some perfect game. TLOU wasn’t perfect by a long stretch, it’s general gameplay was pretty janky and sometimes very frustrating compared to the sequel.

i replayed it recently too and am waiting to start 2 and I agree,you can still see why the first game is so loved but it has plenty of run of the mill game mechanics in there. It actually surprised me how “normal” and flawed a game it is in many parts considering my memory of being blown away, but it works and works well. Still think the first section is as great a start to a game as has been done.

looking forward to starting the new one!

yNlQWRM.jpg

i replayed it recently too and am waiting to start 2 and I agree,you can still see why the first game is so loved but it has plenty of run of the mill game mechanics in there. It actually surprised me how “normal” and flawed a game it is in many parts considering my memory of being blown away, but it works and works well. Still think the first section is as great a start to a game as has been done.

Think you’ll be happy then as for me the gameplay is much improved.

You don’t just move floating pallets and ladders !

Cyberpunk looks ace in terms of aesthetics and world building, the gameplay/combat still looks pretty average though imo. I don't remember combat being upto much in The Witcher either. Still buy it though just cause im a sucker for sci-fi.

The thing you have to remember about the first one is that it is 7 years old. I played it again this month in anticipation of the sequel and it still holds up. There are a few things about it that aren't great (AI, too linear) but I haven't played a game where I've been so invested in the story.

TLOU2 builds on every aspect of the gameplay and if you liked Uncharted or the recent Tomb Raiders then you will love it. The story side is obviously more subjective but I think it's great and is a logical evolution of what happened in the first one.

Got about 10 hours in to TLOU2 and now I understand why a lot of people are disappointed.

The game generally is still fantastic, but a particular decision they’ve taken with the story arc is weird to me.

Got about 10 hours in to TLOU2 and now I understand why a lot of people are disappointed.

The game generally is still fantastic, but a particular decision they’ve taken with the story arc is weird to me.

I finished it yesterday and yeah, agree. The arc itself is odd, at one point I think I was in a flashback within a flashback?

The 10 hour Abby section makes absolutely no sense when nothing in that part of the game builds any empathy for her, even remove what she did at the start and she still isn't likable. She's just a rubbish character.

I'd have much preferred to spend 10 hours as Tommy on his rampage, or Lev and his Sister. At least then the story retains this haunting baddie character that you rarely see

On the plus side (literally) in Game+ you keep the upgrades AND the weapons pretty much from the off. Also, if constant rummaging to achieve trophies is getting tedious, there is an advanced listen mode option in the accessibility menu which means you can scan for items with the listen mode button + circle ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back