Computer games.

Found TLOU2 just boring. Not a patch on the first game, zero replayability for me too much samey stealth combat. Thats not even getting into the characters. Holy moly. Generous 7/10.

7/10? Not bad. Might get it the weekend now, you’ve swayed me.

Honestly mate it seems like something you'd enjoy. Nonsensical story decisions, all about the presentations, clunky gameplay, lots of repetitive gameplay sections. Ticks loads of boxes.

I think games trying to be movies and TV shows is a big issue, because if the writing is off then the whole thing falls apart. Does anyone actually buy TLOU2 for the gameplay? For me, I enjoyed the first for the tension, characters, environment and story - but the gameplay? It was just functional - fine but nothing special.

Honestly mate it seems like something you'd enjoy. Nonsensical story decisions, all about the presentations, clunky gameplay, lots of repetitive gameplay sections. Ticks loads of boxes.

I think games trying to be movies and TV shows is a big issue, because if the writing is off then the whole thing falls apart. Does anyone actually buy TLOU2 for the gameplay? For me, I enjoyed the first for the tension, characters, environment and story - but Was verythe gameplay? It was just functional - fine but nothing special.

On survival mode the hardest mode I found the gameplay very challenging and rewarding to be honest with TLOU1

I think games trying to be movies and TV shows is a big issue, because if the writing is off then the whole thing falls apart. Does anyone actually buy TLOU2 for the gameplay? For me, I enjoyed the first for the tension, characters, environment and story - but the gameplay? It was just functional - fine but nothing special.

Is this another one of these games you haven’t played but are an expert on?

Was torn about getting The Last of Us 2 but decided not to and watch a stream in full instead.
I think a lot of the criticism is deserved but not all of it.
The gameplay is honestly decent. Better than the first game for sure.

For the story, the first half is good and then it just goes on a steady decline for the other half. Its a dumb revenge cycle that gets boring pretty quick. So many important events are told in flashbacks, and even flashbacks within flashbacks that the 2nd half of the game is a convoluted mess which is hard to get invested in because you already know the fates of most of the characters - who aren't interesting in the least. There's also some stupid 'im pregnant' parts that serve no purpose other than to make the female characters extra sensitive.
Nobody cares about the infection anymore, either. People only care about other groups of humans and the infected are just obstacles for the player. Its disappointing and underwhelming.

Isn't it just a slightly better version of those boring Telltale games?
Best description I’ve heard really.
Not even close to be honest, they're very different games. Telltale games were basically point and click games with story choices in the cutscenes. TLoU2 is definitely more of an action/stealth game. It has actual RPG elements too but the story is fixed.

My "progress" with Doom Eternal has caused me to shelve it for a bit for the sake of my controller and screen. Just not getting on with it at all. In its place I decided to make a start on Modern Warfare 2, which is more my sort of FPS. Pretty decent so far, and quite frantic in places, even by usual COD standards. For some reason I always thought that the controversial "No Russian" mission came late on in the game, so was surprised to encounter it so early on.

Very surprising to me, dunkey likes it.

I’ve honestly seen games butchered much worse than The Last of Us Part 2. It still delivers on the cinematics and OST big time. The characters this time around are dog doo and the lack of character development is pretty damning compared to the 1st. I can see why some don’t hate it though.

Played a couple of hours of TLOU2 and think it’s really good so far, personally.

Played through TLOU in the past week prior to starting so I’d like to think I have a recent memory to compare to, a lot of people unfortunately get nostalgic and seem to expect some perfect game. TLOU wasn’t perfect by a long stretch, it’s general gameplay was pretty janky and sometimes very frustrating compared to the sequel.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back