Computer games.

Translation: Sega isn't a garbage publisher that forces games to market before they're ready in order to make quarterly numbers.

Good on everyone concerned.
I mean yeah, defo a good thing, as you say, other companies would lash it out in a poor state and charge you 50 quid for a game that would need patching for 2 years to be playable, oh and probably charge you for the DLC.

I mean yeah, defo a good thing, as you say, other companies would lash it out in a poor state and charge you 50 quid for a game that would need patching for 2 years to be playable, oh and probably charge you for the DLC.
You could just come out and call the game Cyberpunk. We all know which one you mean.

Oh, believe me, I know. Weren't there original Atari games that were so bugged they were unbeatable? Little harder to fix that with a patch.
I remember my first game breaking bug.......

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat.

A mission to transit some mountains and it drops you into a battle, but the battle never loaded, you would just push the button to proceed and nothing would happen.

I wrote a letter to the devs explaining the situation and i included my save file on a 3.5" floppy (I loved that game so much i wanted them to know) and about 6 weeks later they wrote back, returned my floppy with my save, a nice note thanking me for helping them improve the game and a patch on a 3.5" floppy and instructions on how to apply it!

Ahh.....those were the days!

I remember my first game breaking bug.......

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat.

A mission to transit some mountains and it drops you into a battle, but the battle never loaded, you would just push the button to proceed and nothing would happen.

I wrote a letter to the devs explaining the situation and i included my save file on a 3.5" floppy (I loved that game so much i wanted them to know) and about 6 weeks later they wrote back, returned my floppy with my save, a nice note thanking me for helping them improve the game and a patch on a 3.5" floppy and instructions on how to apply it!

Ahh.....those were the days!
That was a bit before Mechwarrior: Mercenaries shipped with an unbeatable mission. Fortunately, by then patching was becoming a thing, though I didn't have to bother since I happened to purchase one of the updated CDs.

That was a bit before Mechwarrior: Mercenaries shipped with an unbeatable mission. Fortunately, by then patching was becoming a thing, though I didn't have to bother since I happened to purchase one of the updated CDs.
OMG! Mechwarrior.........great memories of Mechwarrior 2.......

MWO was fun for a couple of years, but it didnt quite hit like MW2 did back in the day!

A lot of casual gamers swear by Beat Saber, a wireless Quest game and I think their best-seller....not for me, tho'. Reminds me of gimicky Wii/Kinect stuff.

The Series S is by far the best value console. With Gamepass you can get by with pretty much everything being included in some form or another. All of the MS titles hit day 1, you've got access to pretty much all of EA's games with an included origin sub......rumours abound that Uplay will also be coming to gamepass.......coupled in with MS's aquisitions (namely Blizzard/Activision and Bethesda) the AAA title day 1 release is looking pretty extensive. Add in all the indie gems that get included, gamepass is well worth the monthly sub price.

MS just need to get the family plan version going, so I can stop paying for Gamepass ultimate and 3 gamepass for PC subs (still cheaper than buying games outright)

some people still play seated, but i make a free space of about 3x3m so i can physically stand/crouch/turn, even walk a few small steps.

next-level stuff!

...and makes you feel less of a couch potato.

The Series S is a superb little piece of kit for the price. The Game Pass is still excellent and well worth the subscription.
Beat Saber rocks. Wish I had the PC version tho so could download/edit songs etc, instead of having to pay for packs from PS Store. Wipeout is cool too, but all about the games you get up and move around in for me (Superhot another fave), not about just sitting there in VR games.

Gamepass, use a couple diff email accounts/ppl. They're always doing $1 offers, just keep bouncing between the diff users ;)

Apparently I only venture into this thread to tell people about deals lately. lol

Not breaking this streak then:

HumbleBundle for the next 2 weeks (again, as it was the offer for the last 5 days too):
Warhammer Vermintide and Vermintide 2 plus one gorillion DLC's to go with both of them are on sale for a total of €18 currently:

In case you're not a fan of that and are a more RPG/Story oriented gamer, the other deal is Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Pathfinder and a few other great titles.

As of just now there's also a fighters bundle, including MK11 and a few more:

I've found recently that I only buy games on sale (unless I REALLY want in which case I'd get them early access... Like Baldur's Gate 3 when it comes out), so enjoy the deals aggregation I guess lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back