Computer games.

Does anyone else buy games and then never play them or is that just me?

Have over 150 games on my steam account and haven’t played well over half. Why am I like this and does anyone else do it?

Death Stranding, Resident Evil Village, Outer Worlds, No mans sky, DayZ, Detroit becomes Human, Fallout 76, Rimworld, Fifa 23, all hugely popular games at the time, never played in my library.

Red Dead 2, Microsoft flight sim I put over 100 hours each and then stopped despite them both being one of the best games ever made.

Yeah I'm the same with my playstation with over 100 games, and still looking to buy a new game, why? Don't ask me

I would deffo mess it up ?yeah that site looks good, just wondering if to push boat out to a 3080....

Entirely your call mate, depends what you're after of course.
Because I'm a nobhead and have 2 rigs (I'm away from home a lot, I have a 7700K with an EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 and a 9900K with a 2080 TI back home.
The 1080 still churns through games although I have to make sacrifices to reach 144 FPS which is what I'm after.

To be honest, a 3060 is a great card and will play anything you throw at it, it's whether the little sacrifices you'd maybe (game dependent) have to make would annoy you to the point where you wish you had the extra horsepower...

So many variables and it's an incredibly subjective topic.

4xJ8XB3bi888QTLZYdl7Oi0s.png

carl-chef-kiss.gif

Have over 150 games on my steam account and haven’t played well over half. Why am I like this and does anyone else do it?

Death Stranding, Resident Evil Village, Outer Worlds, No mans sky, DayZ, Detroit becomes Human, Fallout 76, Rimworld, Fifa 23, all hugely popular games at the time, never played in my library.

Red Dead 2, Microsoft flight sim I put over 100 hours each and then stopped despite them both being one of the best games ever made.
There's relatively little in there that I've absolutely never played, and most of that either came in some package deal like Humble Bundle or was given to me by someone else.

I don't buy a lot of games these days because I could always fire up something like BioShock that I haven't gotten around to, if I were so inclined. Finally played through the copy of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger someone convinced me to pick up for like $4 several years ago.

Stopped doing this by getting game pass. Still don't use it much but feel less guilty lol

I can't leave this at a Carl GIF.

I've fell in love with this game, man. Put at least 20 hours into it over the last 2 days and I feel I maybe half way through?
The side missions are Witcher 3 standard and I can't give it more praise than that.

Anyone who's played the first (last) game has an idea of what the suggestion is that might happen with Kratos and so far this hasn't tempered that.

Surely they won't though?

After buying a laptop I got pc gaming bug big time, also realised buying a laptop was a big mistake lol (overheating) got a budget of between 1k to 1.5 k, pls don't recommend building it myself as I am an idiot and have no time, I play all sorts of games just can't decide how high spec I should go, I have 2k monitor which I'm not going to replace so not bothered about 4k gaming, recommends anyone?!?
https://www.ginger6.com/ is very good, got my last few PCs from there and they last.

150 is baby account numbers....I don't even think I have that much and I am over 450........

Its not just you. A whole lot of folk do it.

You are making a big mistake with leaving Rimworld unplayed.........

150 is baby account numbers....I don't even think I have that much and I am over 450........

Its not just you. A whole lot of folk do it.

You are making a big mistake with leaving Rimworld unplayed.........

I've only had my steam account for 3 years, but i still think i have a problem with buying games and leaving them sitting there. I will browse and add things to my wishlist as always, then wait for a good sale of 20% or more and then the buy games. I know i'm losing money by doing this because i know i won't be playing that particular game straight away and it'll be on an even bigger discount sale when i would feel like playing it 28 years later.

Yes i hear great things about Rimworld and how addictive it is; and that just adds to why i have so many unplayed games LOL

I took charge of a team in Portugal but Everton have been relegated in the first season in my save haha.

Onana's attributes are rubbish at the start of the game.
They start off rubbish but I’m still in my first season and he’s really good as a box-to-box mid now. DCL returned from injury and then (I kid you not) broke his spine a few weeks after, so I have some Brazilian child called Talles-Magno up front who is scoring way more goals that his ability should allow him to lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back