Computer games.

It looks really good, but as with all single player games I'll be holding out a couple of years til it's on sale
This is the first game I’ve bought on release for years for that reason. Wanted far cry 6 since release and got it for 14 quid last week.

Luckily with Hogwarts got it on shopto for 50 on PS5 so not too bad considering it’s 60 plus in some places.

I'm 25 hours into Hogwarts Legacy, it's good. The world design is it's strong point, being able to play in the 'wizarding world' universe is a dream come true for many Harry Potter fans, myself included. Although If you take away the setting you're left with a formulaic Ubisoft type game, this isn't necessary a negative if you're invested in the world/lore of HP but for people who aren't, it might not be for you.

When you have played games (would never call myself a real gamer) for more than 20 years.. you trying to (highly unsuccessfully) best a beserker in GOW Ragnarok for well over an hour.. and your 12 year old rocks up and does it for you in 2 goes…

I can never demand respect in the Bornblue house again!! ?
I struggled a lot with some of those fights which just reinforced my view that I should never play a Soulsbourne game ever. TV and controller would be smashed to bits

I'm 25 hours into Hogwarts Legacy, it's good. The world design is it's strong point, being able to play in the 'wizarding world' universe is a dream come true for many Harry Potter fans, myself included. Although If you take away the setting you're left with a formulaic Ubisoft type game, this isn't necessary a negative if you're invested in the world/lore of HP but for people who aren't, it might not be for you.
I’ve only played 4-5 hours but completely agree. I’m enjoying it but if you aren’t interested in the setting I can see people getting bored fairly quickly

When you have played games (would never call myself a real gamer) for more than 20 years.. you trying to (highly unsuccessfully) best a beserker in GOW Ragnarok for well over an hour.. and your 12 year old rocks up and does it for you in 2 goes…

I can never demand respect in the Bornblue house again!! ?
Thank God I'm still at the point where my 9 year olds get me to kill bosses on Sonic Forces when they die for the 10th time.

Same thing with me and Assasins Creed games, i enjoyed Odyssey (despite all its flaws) simply cause i love that period of history and ancient Greece stuff. So wandering through recreated ancient Greece and its cities, Gods and myths was fun for me.
Never could get into other Assasins Creed games

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back