Computer games.

Nah I get that but in a corpo environment some stuff isn't made to work on anything but a specific system, or the userbase, like ours, is just old and too stupid to just switch over.

Also corpo keys means we get basically unlimited use for not "a lot" of money, etc., and AD services as well as most installed server-side applications are just easier to use on windows server. As is access and control for shares and all that.

The massive storage is naturally a "custom freebsd" under the hood though (thanks Dell).

We have a lot of rendering and stuff working overtime on ridiculous overkill custom linux machines though, and they do work that windows will never reach on the same resource.

Also not a huge fan of preserving decrepit stuff like that for an actual company really, but to each their own (and to each their own use case lol ) obviously

Who would, but interdependencies can mean shanking 10 machines, for whatever reason, renders obsolete very expensive and custom machinery that is the backbone to their operations; so they can save money now to save up the 1M+ that will be needed for a complete re-work of their operations. You run in to some crazy-real shiz out there that, if you take off your nerd vest for a min, makes complete sense. At the same time, if they haven't already, you help them realize how godawful their previous contractor/consultant was.

Who would, but interdependencies can mean shanking 10 machines, for whatever reason, renders obsolete very expensive and custom machinery that is the backbone to their operations; so they can save money now to save up the 1M+ that will be needed for a complete re-work of their operations. You run in to some crazy-real shiz out there that, if you take off your nerd vest for a min, makes complete sense. At the same time, if they haven't already, you help them realize how godawful their previous contractor/consultant was.
"if it works - it works, don't touch it". Annoyingly I have dim-vision CTO/boss like that above so... :)

Number crunchers...too many bad ones in a row can bring places to their knees. Document everything to do with you. :)
I don't need to - their "knowledge" of certain thing is privy only to them lol

The rest I try to keep a trace of just in case, but...

Man I should really improve and look for better or make it better.

Oh I do, believe me, unless it's contract work that pays well - it's a crapshoot lol

I don't need to - their "knowledge" of certain thing is privy only to them lol

The rest I try to keep a trace of just in case, but...

Man I should really improve and look for better or make it better.

Oh I do, believe me, unless it's contract work that pays well - it's a crapshoot lol

I remember where you were working a few years ago...is it state controlled? I would think not but no idea.

Which was best, never heard of outlast - so will research now. the Alien game creeped me out so bad I had to put the game in the garage.
Alien Isolation for the same tension and anticipation of the movie.

Outlast is fantastic for pure high adrenaline horror.

TLOU for just magnificent storytelling.

Every other game bored me after a while, quite frankly.

Other horror games were on,but not a patch of Outlast, and sci-fi stuff never captured AI, and the same with TLOU, although RDR came close.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back