Computer games.

I just finished the old version again on the switch (cannot be arsed getting my GameCube down from the loft and this was on offer) took me a while to get into it but then I was thoroughly enjoying it again. Magnificent game, most of the series is but the older ones haven’t aged well. Ive been hooked since the first on the PS1 but I’ve only played the series up to 6 which was meh.
7 was a return to survival horror and 8 was similar to 4 both very good and much better than the steaming pile of 6

TLOU part 1 - seems it's been rushed to release. The 'community' is not pleased. Seems there'll be patches for quite a while.
Such a shame that increased technology means they get forced to released turds then polish with all their might thru patching.

Although now thinking on it, they still released dog todds in the cartridge days as I remember there being a landfill full of ET games.

I’m being a bit misty eyed here, but every now and again I play a game which blows my mind a bit. For me that game is Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. I’ve posted about it before, but I’ve struggled to find the time and commitment to do it justice until lately.

I’ve never played a game like it. The atmosphere it creates is unlike anything else. It gives you the sense that you’re living in a world that exists and continues without your presence. You don’t feel like the main character, instead you’re just another person passing through. A amazing achievement for a game released in 2007. It’s easy to see how the likes of DayZ and Tarkov were influenced by it.

While this looks silly from outside, this is what I'm doing (not me in the vid, but similar setup). Playing full-immersion VR-mods of older classics, walking-on-the-spot an'all. Just did a 3-hour Half-Life sesh on Hard.

What's cool is I feel energetic throughout the day, and sleep like a baby.

I'm still flabbergasted barely anyone else is playing like this...it's been an utter revelation for me: playing video games - being in the game - and keeping fit at the same time...total win!

Noticed that PGA tour 2k23 is free to play on Steam for the next 3 days or so.

The game has some bad reviews, but its worth a download? Maybe, we shall see.
I played it on PS5 and I enjoyed it. Nothing special but there hasn’t been a good golf game for years and so it was nice to finally have one that was worth playing. Guessing they’ve made it free as EA PGA Tour comes out tomorrow so probably trying to nab customers from them. Initial impressions on EA’s game are mixed from what I’ve seen. I’ve got a trial of it which I’ll give a go

Such a shame that increased technology means they get forced to released turds then polish with all their might thru patching.

Although now thinking on it, they still released dog todds in the cartridge days as I remember there being a landfill full of ET games.
Yes, you are right. That ET game wasnt even finished yet they still released it, mass landfill did await that particular shocker, pitfighter was another disgrace which was unplayable yet released on multipile formats. I think it’s more to do with the company/people developing the game.
There is a particular instance of the opposite happening at the moment with just 3 independent people (them cherry) developing the absolutely incredible Hollow knight (I’ve been gaming since I got a dragon 32 and famicom and that game is one of the best there has ever been) follow up: Silksong which was going to be released as dlc but has now been turned into a huge new game, it’s been in development for 4 years and has been delayed for 2 of them as they tweak the gameplay. The first game was magnificent

I’m being a bit misty eyed here, but every now and again I play a game which blows my mind a bit. For me that game is Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. I’ve posted about it before, but I’ve struggled to find the time and commitment to do it justice until lately.

I’ve never played a game like it. The atmosphere it creates is unlike anything else. It gives you the sense that you’re living in a world that exists and continues without your presence. You don’t feel like the main character, instead you’re just another person passing through. A amazing achievement for a game released in 2007. It’s easy to see how the likes of DayZ and Tarkov were influenced by it.
Stalker 2 finally comes out later this year

Stalker 2 finally comes out later this year
I just hope it’s not too dumbed down for the console audience etc. The original games are brutal in parts, but that’s part of the fun.

One of my biggest pet hates is hardcore games being made easier to satisfy more casual gamers, abandoning their core audience in the process.

Think I’ve finally, at 45, learned to ditch games that I am just not enjoying no matter how far I am into them or how much it seems I should love it. Witcher 3 goes in the bin with no major memories from it (maybe I’m not far in enough to get to any wow moments).

Finally finished Metroid NES 30yrs more or less after I failed to finish it before having to give my cousin back the game. Will get on M2 now the GB games are on Switch

Currently enjoying the Zelda BOTW dlc years after finishing the game. Also playing HZD dlc Frozen Wilds. Looking forward to the new games in both those series whenever I get to them.

Also been dipping in and out of Little Nightmares on switch. Pretty decent, but preferred Limbo which it often seems to be compared to.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back