Computer games.

Also is Elder Scrolls Online any good? I have never played much games online tbh, but have always liked the idea of MMORPG but not sure if it’s a decent one to scratch that itch and easy to pick up and get into
Its a very good game, but its been out for years.

If you do fancy an MMO, Aion Classic EU is releasing in 2 weeks, it will be very popular, whether it stays that way is another matter.

Also is Elder Scrolls Online any good? I have never played much games online tbh, but have always liked the idea of MMORPG but not sure if it’s a decent one to scratch that itch and easy to pick up and get into
The point it's at these days you can play for 100+ hrs doing story content if that's what you're after.
If you're into the crafting that's a whole other chunk of time.
If you're after getting geared and playing toward "end game" (I do not after Warcraft affecting my life too much back in the day) then you could probably get leveled and start progress within a month if you grind moderately

I use it to scratch an itch of enjoying zone stories and also my completionist itch of fully finishing zones

Oh and a sub would be helpful if you're after access to everything but not necessary if you're doing what I do as you can pick up "the collection" of the latest expansion and get all previous expansions included

Think I’ve finally, at 45, learned to ditch games that I am just not enjoying no matter how far I am into them or how much it seems I should love it. Witcher 3 goes in the bin with no major memories from it (maybe I’m not far in enough to get to any wow moments).

Finally finished Metroid NES 30yrs more or less after I failed to finish it before having to give my cousin back the game. Will get on M2 now the GB games are on Switch

Currently enjoying the Zelda BOTW dlc years after finishing the game. Also playing HZD dlc Frozen Wilds. Looking forward to the new games in both those series whenever I get to them.

Also been dipping in and out of Little Nightmares on switch. Pretty decent, but preferred Limbo which it often seems to be compared to.
How so, where'd you reach to, if you don't mind me asking?

Overall you might be the first person I've seen to ditch it due to it not being interesting lol

In my opinion as someone who loved Oblivion and Skyrim it’s absolute crap. Terrible fighting mechanics and just littered with boring fetch quests with no consequence. My wife enjoyed exploring but it was seriously lacking.

I’ve just finished my second run of Elden Ring, sinking 170 hours into the two combined. Would massively recommend to anyone patient with time to explore who enjoyed games like Elder Scrolls.

Getting back into Dota 2 a bit. I've loved the game for probably 15 years (since Dota 1), though I quit playing it a few years ago as I just got sick of the toxic community. I've played two games thus far (being super rusty and quite bad, honestly), the second being a really fun one as my team turned a 2-18 kill disadvantage and the opponents being really close to destroying our base (2 lanes of our raxx down, while we'd only got one of their towers, for those who know the game) into a win after a series of great teamfights towards the end. Gaming doesn't get much more fun than that.

Also just watched the Against The Odds documentary about the Dota 2 team OG. It's just an amazing story that I've no problem recommending, even for people who don't know the game. You can watch it here for free:

Gotham done. Hogwarts done. Elden Ring stopped dead at the Elden Beast, so bin for you. Kingdom Come Deliverance until I actually tried fighting people so that games in the bin. For Honour. instaBin. Farcry 5 now and its manic, fun, GTA like and kind of repetetive but well done.

How so, where'd you reach to, if you don't mind me asking?

Overall you might be the first person I've seen to ditch it due to it not being interesting lol

Towards end of Act One I think. Skelig stuff or that actor guy in the big city. I felt I was a fair bit in without having seen any major action. I wasn’t really drawn in to story or dialogue either tbh. I just couldn’t shake the feeling I was going back to it because I “had” to play it and now it’s been a while since I last picked it up I can’t remember too much about it. I think the five million things to pick up in rooms annoyed me too, even though I liked that in the old ultima games I played

In my opinion as someone who loved Oblivion and Skyrim it’s absolute crap. Terrible fighting mechanics and just littered with boring fetch quests with no consequence. My wife enjoyed exploring but it was seriously lacking.

I’ve just finished my second run of Elden Ring, sinking 170 hours into the two combined. Would massively recommend to anyone patient with time to explore who enjoyed games like Elder Scrolls.

I think the lat ES I properly played was morrowind but not too much. Tried Skyrim for a bit just to try it out, and I thought it was ok and did intend to go back to it.

Elden Ring…. At some point I’ll have to try one of those games. Always imagined them to be like Shadow of Colossus but 10x harder

The point it's at these days you can play for 100+ hrs doing story content if that's what you're after.
If you're into the crafting that's a whole other chunk of time.
If you're after getting geared and playing toward "end game" (I do not after Warcraft affecting my life too much back in the day) then you could probably get leveled and start progress within a month if you grind moderately

I use it to scratch an itch of enjoying zone stories and also my completionist itch of fully finishing zones

Oh and a sub would be helpful if you're after access to everything but not necessary if you're doing what I do as you can pick up "the collection" of the latest expansion and get all previous expansions included

What do you mean by playing towards end game? Same as a one player experience except there’s a load of other people playing at same time?

What do you mean by playing towards end game? Same as a one player experience except there’s a load of other people playing at same time?
MMOs have "levels", early game, questing, levelling, mid-game, reach max level, get a decent money source, end game, farm the best gear and pimp it out.

I have never played ESO, so I have no idea what end game entails, but most MMOs are either craftable gear or gear from end game dungeons, sometimes even PVP arenas.

MMOs have "levels", early game, questing, levelling, mid-game, reach max level, get a decent money source, end game, farm the best gear and pimp it out.

I have never played ESO, so I have no idea what end game entails, but most MMOs are either craftable gear or gear from end game dungeons, sometimes even PVP arenas.

I think I’m imagining something like what they describe EVE online to be in that link, but I guess reality for most of them is a bit more like Destiny? Log in and grind same missions to build yourself up?

I think I’m imagining something like what they describe EVE online to be in that link, but I guess reality for most of them is a bit more like Destiny? Log in and grind same missions to build yourself up?

Pretty much.

MMOs are a grind, at end game its likely you will run the same dungeons, have dailies to complete, weekly missions. Find time for some PVP, all in the pursuit of loot and character progress. The reason MMOs are successful is mainly the social aspect. You make friends, I have "friends" now I play games with, after "meeting" them on a game we played together 15 years ago.

Most MMOs will drip feed content and of course, they want your money!!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back