Computer games.

Rocket League was annoying me with latency issues recently so I went back to see if Overwatch was still broken and it is so finally had a little go at Warzone 2.

It scratches the pvp itch. Solo Battle Royale, fairly fast in but you get the warning of the warm up so you can be doing something else while you wait.

Still getting used to the map, like where doors and windows are so I don't get picked off easily.

Haven't got a win yet on this one but have a couple of top tens.

I enjoyed Skyrim for what it was, as exploring a big world is always fun. But when you compare the quests (both main and side story) in Skyrim with The Witcher 3, it really shows a difference in quality and effort doesn't it. The worst side quests in TW3 are basically better and with more depth to them than 95% of the quests in Skyrim. Neither of the games has particularly good fight mechanics though.
Yeah agree with that tbf, ES6 is gonna have to be a major step up to keep Bethesda relevant

For me its
Story telling
Witcher 3 >>> Skyrim > Elden Ring
Combat
Elden Ring >>>>> Witcher 3 >> Skyrim
Lore if you dig deeper than doing the basics
Elden Ring > Skyrim > Witcher 3

If its single player games you want Rimworld and Prison Architect are both amazingly fun, among others.
Someone mentioned Rimworld, so naturally I am here to shill *ahem* recommend that game.

Simply put, astounding. The guy who makes it calls it a "story generator" because of the random stuff and scenarios it throws at you. Simple to look at, but massively complex if you want it to be, plus the freedom to play your way.

Want to farm slaves, cool. Want to run a cannibal society. Gotcha. Fancy replacing all your limbs with super mecha replacements? What ever you want!
Seriously, if you have a PC, check out Rimworld

I enjoyed Skyrim for what it was, as exploring a big world is always fun. But when you compare the quests (both main and side story) in Skyrim with The Witcher 3, it really shows a difference in quality and effort doesn't it. The worst side quests in TW3 are basically better and with more depth to them than 95% of the quests in Skyrim. Neither of the games has particularly good fight mechanics though.
That is what happens when developers become more mainstream. They become lazier with the storytelling and focus way more on dumbing things down and making the game as accessible as possible. Oblivion for all its faults had incredible guild quest lines and a much more enticing main story. If anything the jankiness of the voice acting and goofy AI added to the experience and added great comic relief. Skyrim was great but felt really soulless at times. The writing was pretty poo

Was happy with Warzone being my pvp game for the near future and they updated while I was away for 3 days and now Solo Battle Royale is no longer an option.
Tried it in duos and 3s and remembered why I play solo. People think impersonating a small elephant is a good way to move through a battlefield.
Also tried the other solo game variation but got picked off by a guy in deep water able to have no sway on a sniper rifle. pass.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back