Computer games.

I really like the game, but there is an elephant in the room with it. The graphics are pretty abysmal by todays’s standards. I know it’s running on dated hardware and they’ve crammed a lot in, but it looks worse than some of the older versions of Fortnite. Thankfully, the gameplay is still good enough to compensate.
It does look basically identical to BotW I played on the wiiU.

Honestly think it still looks boss, though. Don't know the name for that style of graphics - painterly might be one description, but it seems quite timeless.

Belatedly realised you can change the spoken language in the game - miles better in Japanese (or French, German, anything else really) with subtitles.

Honestly think it still looks boss, though. Don't know the name for that style of graphics - painterly might be one description, but it seems quite timeless.

Belatedly realised you can change the spoken language in the game - miles better in Japanese (or French, German, anything else really) with subtitles.
I changed the language to Japanese when I was playing Ghost of Tsushima and it did improve the experience. I think I’ll do it with Zelda now that you’ve pointed it out. Coincidentally, I got my copy in Kyoto, Japan.

It’s called cel-shading

Started Tears of the Kingdom .. got a few hours in.. just beat the wind temple boss thing.. games got me hooked it’s a massive world with loads to explore.

I’m not going down the road if comparing to BoTW and am just letting it stand on its own. I see the debate on the graphics and it’s the same style s BoTW, although my kids don’t feel they’re as good. Feel it’s more grainy than BoTW. I don’t know.. seems same to me.

Still need to go down to the depths.. which I didn’t know existed when I started the game.

i5 4570 3.2ghz ,16gb ram, Geforce 1650 thought it was a bit strange but when I went to settings it was already on low 720p. I'm playing Nier Automata on 720p no issues, dishonoured 2 works fine. I try not to play games that use too much juice these days, I only haver a refurbed office pc
I used to run that in 5760x1080 on a pair of 970s. That sounds like it has more than enough punch to run the game in 1080p. Might want to check your drivers.

I used to run that in 5760x1080 on a pair of 970s. That sounds like it has more than enough punch to run the game in 1080p. Might want to check your drivers.
Drivers are all up to date, at all times. It's an odd one as it plays a lot of games at 1080p but I'm more than happy to play at 720 if I have to and a good portion of games work fine on those settings.

Has anyone played Old World? A civ like game. I bought Humankind but can't get into it.
I haven't. I played some Offworld Trading Company, and Soren did work on CIV, but I'm not really an RTS guy. Sort of like how I played Rise of Nations, but haven't played anything by Brian Reynolds since, even though my tagline on the Civ forums is 'Real men play SMAC'.

Drivers are all up to date, at all times. It's an odd one as it plays a lot of games at 1080p but I'm more than happy to play at 720 if I have to and a good portion of games work fine on those settings.
Odd. Must be a problem with that specific video card, which happens these days.

Has anyone played Old World? A civ like game. I bought Humankind but can't get into it.
I did, its much more focused (as per its name) on the ancient civs like Assyria, Babylon, Greece, Rome etc..... and more fleshed out.
Plus you got family mechanics (like Paradox Crusader Kings) guiding your dynasty, heirs of the throne, royal marriages.

I liked the game very much

I did, its much more focused (as per its name) on the ancient civs like Assyria, Babylon, Greece, Rome etc..... and more fleshed out.
Plus you got family mechanics (like Paradox Crusader Kings) guiding your dynasty, heirs of the throne, royal marriages.

I liked the game very much
Thanks, I'll get it at some point it looks good

BTW was looking into your issue - apparently some settings make it go better, but it's just a CPU hungry game so the more cores the bettererer. Also Denuvo uses a portion as well, because f*** Denuvo naturally, which is also a hindrance.
Cheers for that. Pretty crap really but I know some games don't work on mine. Normally at 720 I can get by but not at the expense of the cpu

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back