Computer games.

Went back and restarted fallout 4(ps5). Saved constantly so it couldn't ruin itself again. Decided to platinum it. Fairly easy platinum tbh.
Playing 76 at the minute. Think I'll just do quests until I get bored. Storyline is a bit boring and/or scattered.

Played a couple of hours of Black Myth Wukong this evening. Bit early to judge as combat is very limited early on so every fight is a bit samey. Playing on PS5 and haven’t noticed any of the bugs yet, don’t know if there’s been a patch or it was just the PC version that had issues.

One thing that annoys me about games like this is that when you hit an enemy they don’t react at all, their health just goes down. Then eventually they will stagger. Especially in the early stages it just feels like button mashing with no tangible reward.

I’m hoping it’s a bit like the recent God of War games which are a bit slow and repetitive at the beginning as you are underpowered but as you level up and learn more skills the fights become more fun and strategic.

It also has a serious issue with areas of the map you can’t go. Invisible barriers everywhere, quite often just into open space. It’s not like they’ve put some rocks there you can’t scale, it’s literally open space and you just can’t go into it.

I will persist though as it looks great and can see it getting really good apart from those couple of gripes which I’m guessing will continue throughout.

I played CK2 quite a lot. Have 3 but never got into it. Played a bit of EU3 as well. Think there's a couple others who play. @DualityNSNO maybe?
Played quite a bit in a multiplayer game with a couple of friends, I like watching the shenanigans people get up to more than playing them :lol: Similar to Civ really - games are a bit slow to me personally to play but fun to watch if you've got the time.

I've got family members that have worked on several Paradox-published/approved games though (from Haemimont games) and they're apparently a bit weird as far as "bosses" go. That's the insight I can give on that :lol:

Played quite a bit in a multiplayer game with a couple of friends, I like watching the shenanigans people get up to more than playing them :lol: Similar to Civ really - games are a bit slow to me personally to play but fun to watch if you've got the time.

I've got family members that have worked on several Paradox-published/approved games though (from Haemimont games) and they're apparently a bit weird as far as "bosses" go. That's the insight I can give on that :lol:
Oh nice, never heard of them, but they've done some cool stuff 👍

Oh nice, never heard of them, but they've done some cool stuff 👍
Most famous for Victor Vran, Tropico 4 and 5 and Surviving Mars.

I genuinely just found out they've done the new Jagged Alliance game and I met with mentioned family member several times since. Fairly sure he works on but just absolutely despises playing, talking about or even mentioning video games, tbh. Weird fella.

Here's a shot from a distance, nigh 30 years worth.

Did anyone have an N64? If so what were the ten best games you had/played on it and why?

Goldeneye doesn't count, it transcends all others of the era for the 4 player home multiplayer aspect.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back