Computer games.

Here's a shot from a distance, nigh 30 years worth.

Did anyone have an N64? If so what were the ten best games you had/played on it and why?

Goldeneye doesn't count, it transcends all others of the era for the 4 player home multiplayer aspect.
Don't know if I can get to 10 and unfair that you've ruled out Goldeneye. But in no particular order...

Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart
Mario 64
Perfect Dark
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
ISS 64
Wave Race
Starfox
Rogue Squadron
F-Zero
1080 Snowboarding
Diddy Kong Racing

Turns out I could make 10 and more. Probably missed a few out too

Reckon I will hold off until it's been patched to a better standard. Whilst it does look stunning, with a game that is as action packed and Souls like as this.
You need that framerate and input, if it's not where it should be on any of the modes as the DF video suggests then it for sure needs fixing before I consider a purchase, plus no HDR and poor, black levels on SDR doesn't help either, I hope the developers, that's if greedy business practices dont get in the way, can figure things out and patch it to where the game should be from release.

Anyone else on here play paradox games? I am currently so addicted to Crusader kings 3
Loved CK2 but came late to the party so it helps that the DLC was always on sale.

Can't stand their model of releasing incomplete games and releasing the rest of it as 'new' content DLC. You can see the massive lego shaped holes in the base game where future DLC is going to come in. Especially obvious with their sequels where stuff that was eventually added to the last game is suddenly missing from the sequel.

Here's a shot from a distance, nigh 30 years worth.

Did anyone have an N64? If so what were the ten best games you had/played on it and why?

Goldeneye doesn't count, it transcends all others of the era for the 4 player home multiplayer aspect.
Yeah Goldeneye counts so:

Goldeneye
SM64
Ocarina of Time
Wave Race
Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Stadium/Pokemon Stadium 2 (mostly the game boy player and playing Pokémon game boy games on a big screen)
Mario Kart 64
Majoras Mask
Super Smash Bros

Yeah mostly Mario, Zelda and Pokémon. Great console, awful controller.

Back in the day i didn't even knew that N64 and later Gamecube/Xbox even existed.
Everyone had chipped PS1 (and later PS2) and usually someone who had CD/DVD burner would sell cheap games in school. Good old ISS Pro Evolution was all rage multiplayer.

I don't think that i (or anyone i knew) ever bought PS1 or PS2 game legally he, he.

Went back and restarted fallout 4(ps5). Saved constantly so it couldn't ruin itself again. Decided to platinum it. Fairly easy platinum tbh.
Playing 76 at the minute. Think I'll just do quests until I get bored. Storyline is a bit boring and/or scattered.
Myself being an old-time Fallout fan, I've never even approached the 76. Haven't heard a single good review. What's your take on it?

Reckon I will hold off until it's been patched to a better standard. Whilst it does look stunning, with a game that is as action packed and Souls like as this.
You need that framerate and input, if it's not where it should be on any of the modes as the DF video suggests then it for sure needs fixing before I consider a purchase, plus no HDR and poor, black levels on SDR doesn't help either, I hope the developers, that's if greedy business practices dont get in the way, can figure things out and patch it to where the game should be from release.
Bloodborne is the greatest fromsoft game ever and runs at 30fps to this day.

I've not played Black Myth yet although was watching my kid on it last night - looks good. Possibly quite hard, although could have just been a different playstyle.

Myself being an old-time Fallout fan, I've never even approached the 76. Haven't heard a single good review. What's your take on it?
Plays fine most of the time but it's just not quite right.
I'm now level 25 of the 50 levels that give skill points.
You can have two bases but only one active. I use them for getting around the map for free. Some people have mansions but my shack seems to serve my needs. Just have one base near benches and you're good.
I have a power suit but don't use it, I've died twice and once I shotgunned a car by mistake while standing next to it.
Quests feel weakly written and a lot involve listening to holotapes, which I find annoying. I can read faster than someone drawls their way through exposition and then there's a ton of flavour holotapes. Unsure if maybe some of them start quests as I'm not sitting around for 10 minutes listening to tapes.
I'll probably max level and finish quests until I get bored or get larger blocks of time to play. Right now I can drop in for 15 minutes and clear a building and pop back home to log out.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back