Computer games.

I’ve always been curious to play this. I loaded it up the other day started he tutorial and I have never been overwhelmed so much in a game by how many tabs things going on 😂 I couldn’t even finish the tutorial. I feel like I should of just jumped into a game and learned from that
Start in Ireland. Watch some YouTube videos. I know Quill18 did a good series for CK2. He did 3 as well but haven't watched those, sure they're as good. Also check out Raptor, and there's another guy who's handle I can't remember atm.

Just ordered an Asus 4070 Ti Super TUF edition and a 1k Corsair PSU. Not used to forking out that much dough for a GPU bump. Beats forking out for an entirely new build but, damn, the card was just a little less than I used to pay for an entirely new build.

PC master race. eh?

Never replaced my PSU in all my personal builds as they have either been brand new or I've updated a different component but, depending on your case space/system complexity/location of mobo plugs...be warned. What a PITA; my CPU power connector was an absolute nightmare to remove. Thankfully my old PSU was completely modular too or I might have had to remove the mobo from the case and you don't want the added rebuild time that creates.

If anything, if you're considering a PSU replacement just plan for a system tear-down so you can clean all the accumulated dust crevices and do wire routing 10X more easily. I should've known, TBH.

Done and up and running though, so all's well. Re-installed the original Borderlands to try at 4k (I know, not the game to stress test with)...forgot how much I enjoy it.

Last edited:
Never replaced my PSU in all my personal builds as they have either been brand new or I've updated a different component but, depending on your case space/system complexity/location of mobo plugs...be warned. What a PITA; my CPU power connector was an absolute nightmare to remove. Thankfully my old PSU was completely modular too or I might have had to remove the mobo from the case and you don't want the added rebuild time that creates.

If anything, if you're considering a PSU replacement just plan for a system tear-down so you can clean all the accumulated dust crevices and do wire routing 10X more easily. I should've known, TBH.

Done and up and running though, so all's well. Re-installed the original Borderlands to try at 4k (I know, not the game to stress test with)...forgot how much I enjoy it.

I've done it twice, once enforced after it died and another after upgrading the GPU.

Agreed, it sucks big time.

Loved CK2 but came late to the party so it helps that the DLC was always on sale.

Can't stand their model of releasing incomplete games and releasing the rest of it as 'new' content DLC. You can see the massive lego shaped holes in the base game where future DLC is going to come in. Especially obvious with their sequels where stuff that was eventually added to the last game is suddenly missing from the sequel.

Yeah they are utter scoundrels for the way they release their games. Drip feeding unfinished products
I will admit that since feeling utterly robbed when I got eu4 and have paid much money since for it's DLC's then I sailed the seven seas for CK3 and any other paradox titles.

More than happy to give my money to more customer friendly game producers like sports interactive.

I’ve always been curious to play this. I loaded it up the other day started he tutorial and I have never been overwhelmed so much in a game by how many tabs things going on 😂 I couldn’t even finish the tutorial. I feel like I should of just jumped into a game and learned from that
It's a steep learning curve for sure.
Definitely just jump in and mess around.
I treat it more like an RPG than trying to conquer everything, think what would I do if I was the King of Wales. Usually that means trying to marry my king to a giant and have a family line of inbred Welsh giants

Valve have announced a new game

I was invited to playtest it by a friend but I took one look at the "learn to play" section having like 30 minutes of tutorials and closed it.
Never a fan of Overwatch or DOTA and its a hybrid of those, it seems.

Anyway, WoW time.

The last Doom I played was Doom 2 somewhere in the Middle Ages. Two days ago I installed Doom (2016) on PS4, and I just want to share something everyone else probably know. Great game! Dynamic, true to Doom traditions, adrenaline-pumping. BFG and chainsaw are there. And the soundtrack, oh my.

Tried original Crysis after many years and damn, graphics still look good.
Back in 2007 when it released it must have been mind blowing running it with maximum graphics specs.

Truly game ahead of its time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back