Computer games.

right lads (and ladies). Just invested in GTA 5 for a tenner from an old friend from work.

One thing i want to know is, when you are online, are you running around a dead city or can you just turn it on, go online and mess about with other random people without going into a mission first?

I really want to have a laugh online and now and again shoot other people. But if i can only do that in missions activated then can't see myself bothered by that.

You can run around and do what you like mate, so you can either go and find a mission, or find other online players in your game, there's usually between 10-12 in each session and you can see on the map where they are. Most people you'll come across will want to shoot you though, unless they only do that cos I start shooting at them first.

You'll start with a fairly crap selection of weapons so you'll get killed a lot, but you start accumulating money and weapons fairly quickly if you do missions and rob stores etc.

right lads (and ladies). Just invested in GTA 5 for a tenner from an old friend from work.

One thing i want to know is, when you are online, are you running around a dead city or can you just turn it on, go online and mess about with other random people without going into a mission first?

I really want to have a laugh online and now and again shoot other people. But if i can only do that in missions activated then can't see myself bothered by that.

I think you can do either but I'm not certain.

I've purchased a Wii U just for this game.

Not.....Even......Arsed......

It's a shame Nintendo's marketing of the system has been so shambolic. It's actually a great accompaniment to the other consoles/PC gaming and offers original experiences. I play it all the time with my GF and though the new tablet controller seems gimmicky there are actually some really cool uses for it, to give you experiences you can't have on other consoles.

Super Mario 3d World is what convinced me to get it, knowing Smash Bros/MK8 were on the horizon. Don't regret my purchase on iota, especially now that Mario Kart's out soon so I can bring it into the living room and play the Mario Kart drinking game when we have house parties!

By the way, if you're a member of club Nintendo and you register your copy of Mario Kart 8 you get a free game. And I mean a good one, not a six year old gash game you can get for £3 like with that Xbox Games for Gold thing. I'll be getting Pikmin 3.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...Terms-Conditions/Terms-Conditions-879237.html

EDIT: Oh and the main selling point: HD! It's ridiculous but this will be the first HD Mario Kart, it's got the first HD Mario platformers etc. Playing the Wii/Gamecube on modern TVs gives you eye-aids, so it's really a wonderful experience seeing these colourful Nintendo game worlds in glorious 1080p.

Last edited:

Not a game but I've realised I can make my laptop read out anything in a robotic American voice just by highlighting it and right clicking. I've had far too much fun with this.

"Mum where is my tea you lazy skivvy?"
"Dad, you stink of wee!"
etc.....

It's a shame Nintendo's marketing of the system has been so shambolic. It's actually a great accompaniment to the other consoles/PC gaming and offers original experiences. I play it all the time with my GF and though the new tablet controller seems gimmicky there are actually some really cool uses for it, to give you experiences you can't have on other consoles.

Super Mario 3d World is what convinced me to get it, knowing Smash Bros/MK8 were on the horizon. Don't regret my purchase on iota, especially now that Mario Kart's out soon so I can bring it into the living room and play the Mario Kart drinking game when we have house parties!

By the way, if you're a member of club Nintendo and you register your copy of Mario Kart 8 you get a free game. And I mean a good one, not a six year old gash game you can get for £3 like with that Xbox Games for Gold thing. I'll be getting Pikmin 3.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...Terms-Conditions/Terms-Conditions-879237.html

EDIT: Oh and the main selling point: HD! It's ridiculous but this will be the first HD Mario Kart, it's got the first HD Mario platformers etc. Playing the Wii/Gamecube on modern TVs gives you eye-aids, so it's really a wonderful experience seeing these colourful Nintendo game worlds in glorious 1080p.
Ace. I'll deffo purchase that Mario 3d World and probably the new Super Mario bros as my free downloadable game.

I feel like a kid at christmas.

I enjoy all the vehicles on that game really, boss when you have a good pilot/gunner in an attack heli though. Attack boats are far too good as well.

I was laughing my head off when you spawned in it with me because some lid ran for about two minutes then when he got about 5 yards away you just popped into it!

You win some. You lose some. He lost. I'm on it now for the foreseeable night of you're about.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back