Computer games.

Picked up Sid Meier's Pirates for like 2 quid on the sale.

I must say, venturing the seven seas as Captain Barnacle Furey is most addictive, I'm surprised I never got on this game when I was younger.

Cheers for posting, I just bought that as well!!! Top, top game!

Just checked that out, looks like a good laugh.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get Theme Hospital to run on Windows 8? Really want to play it again but the game just screws up in so many ways...

It's strangely addictive playing a game of golf on a course that you've created. Not played it for about 8 years but it was good fun.

Theme Hospital though.... superb game.

Just seen Killing Floor 2 is coming. Great!
The first game was my favourite co-op horror game until they bombarded it with DLC-guns and
messed up events. Eventually the community became dickish as well. Haven't touched that game in ages now.
Hopefully the second will be a step in the right direction

Crusader Kings 2. It is brilliant, hugely addictive and yet probably one of the most morally questionable games ever made. Play it for long enough and you too will consider having your disabled elder son killed in favour of his younger, more able brother.... and thats when you arent scouring Europe for genius fifteen year old girls who have the "lustful" trait.

The AI is evil as well.
Any idea if Crusader Kings 2 is available for download anywhere? Really want to give it a try, and also want to try the Game of Thrones modded version too.

Any idea if Crusader Kings 2 is available for download anywhere? Really want to give it a try, and also want to try the Game of Thrones modded version too.

It is on Steam summer sale at the moment and for the next 19 and a bit hours - the game itself is £14.99 or the game and most (but not the best two, ie Old Gods and Rajas of India) of the DLC for £34.99.

The GoT mod is decent, but not an improvement on the vanilla game which is basically a boobless, dragonless version of GoT anyway.

Last edited:

Think my Steam summer sale spending is done. I managed to buy:

Bioshock, Bioshock 2 & Bioshock Infinite
Fallout, Fallout 2 & Fallout Tactics
Tomb Raider
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Contignation
Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Didn't expect to buy much if anything at all :p

I'm about to play Divinity Original Sin, looks a lot like the old school Baldur's Gate games so I am really looking forward to it, deliberately didn't do the early access to spoil it.

Summer sale list:

Arma 3
GTA San Andreas
Ikaruga
Sid Meier's Pirates
Teslagrad

Couldn't resist Arma 3, been a big fan of the series ever since I started watching Arma 1 vids on youtbe when I was in school. Bought Arma, and naturally it couldn't run on my mere mortal of a PC so I backtracked and checked out Operation Flashpoint, which to my surprise was quite ace. When I eventually got a decent PC, I started diving in and out of Arma 1 and 2. Really cool games, despite needing an ocean of patience.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back