Computer games.

Picked up a few games to add to the standard 100+ that I just play FM and Civ instead of!
Risk of Rain
Deadlight
State of Decay

Might pick up a couple of GOG, Humble, Greenman as well! :o

Just checked that out, looks like a good laugh.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get Theme Hospital to run on Windows 8? Really want to play it again but the game just screws up in so many ways...

Im having a similar problem. Recently upgraded to a Windows 8 laptop, and finding I dont know how to get some of my old games running. Really want to get playing Baldur's Gate again, but cant even seem to install it.

Have you tried playing Theme Hospital using DosBox or ScummVM? Neither work with every old game, but might with that? Ive been trying desperately to get Toonstruck running for years, now apparently you can play it on ScummVM, but it just isnt working for me and I dont know why when Im doing everything all the forums and guides tell me to do. Never had a problem with any other ScummVM compatible games. DosBox seems slightly better for that game, but its just such an absolute chore running games through it.

Just read a story that EA are charging £3.99 to play the demos of UFC and FIFA14 on the xbox one. Scandalous, that.

I see magazines no longer do demo disks either. I used to love getting a playstation magazine each month with new games to try when I was younger.

EDIT: apparently it might just be a glitch as they haven't done it on the PSN

Last edited:
Im having a similar problem. Recently upgraded to a Windows 8 laptop, and finding I dont know how to get some of my old games running. Really want to get playing Baldur's Gate again, but cant even seem to install it.

Have you tried playing Theme Hospital using DosBox or ScummVM? Neither work with every old game, but might with that? Ive been trying desperately to get Toonstruck running for years, now apparently you can play it on ScummVM, but it just isnt working for me and I dont know why when Im doing everything all the forums and guides tell me to do. Never had a problem with any other ScummVM compatible games. DosBox seems slightly better for that game, but its just such an absolute chore running games through it.

I used DOSBox for some Command and Conquer games. Never considered trying it for Theme Hospital.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...pital-on/88dae6e5-c867-4284-8305-a29c247d0881

Found that, will give it a go. If not, I'll be trying DOSBox.

Not too bad I suppose, but my laptop's fecked and our new flat still has a lack of interwebs.

But it's alright cuz I'm going back to Bulgaria on Monday.

I hope you're out of Bronze by now. x

DUALZ PLS

been promoted up a fair few divisions but the struggle remains real. Running at 60% win ratio now I only play Udyr. 9/3/9 is average kda

good to hear you are returning to the motherland soon

DUALZ PLS

been promoted up a fair few divisions but the struggle remains real. Running at 60% win ratio now I only play Udyr. 9/3/9 is average kda

good to hear you are returning to the motherland soon
So what you're saying is that you're still in Bronze then, scrublord? x

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back