Computer games.

Elite got updated to 1.1 last night, the main change being explorers now get a permanent record of being the first to discover an object - so far after scanning more than a thousand stars, planets, moons and asteroid belts in un-named systems I have been credited with discovering two stars.

Elite got updated to 1.1 last night, the main change being explorers now get a permanent record of being the first to discover an object - so far after scanning more than a thousand stars, planets, moons and asteroid belts in un-named systems I have been credited with discovering two stars.
How do you play?? Looking at a HOTAS setup as I am crap with keyboard &mouse and only marginally better with a gamepad. Also have you played on an Oculus or tried the TrackIR?

My mate was into the original Quake when it came out. I remember we were amazed that we could play against these other people elsewhere in the world using this thing called the 'internet'.

I ended up designing a totally new graphic for the games weapons, and designed a few multiplayer levels too.

It was so customisable, and you could do it with relative ease. Let's face it, even I could do it. It was a great distraction at a time when Everton were garbage. My mate tried to to pursue a career in games and design, at which he was and is very talented but it didn't work out. I left it alone and ended up doing medical stuff and that.

Jesus I was boring at that time of my life lol

My mate was into the original Quake when it came out. I remember we were amazed that we could play against these other people elsewhere in the world using this thing called the 'internet'.

I ended up designing a totally new graphic for the games weapons, and designed a few multiplayer levels too.

Next to FM series and Civ/Colonisation games my fave games ever. In fact I think I still prefer the original over any of the sequels. I used to make some levels aswell, for Q1 and 2, and even ran a review site for a while! Did you ever distribute any of yours? Any good?

Next to FM series and Civ/Colonisation games my fave games ever. In fact I think I still prefer the original over any of the sequels. I used to make some levels aswell, for Q1 and 2, and even ran a review site for a while! Did you ever distribute any of yours? Any good?
Tbh mate I never distributed them but the levels I made were ace.

I even did a replica of our house. Thinking back, I should've done Goodison.

He was into it well more than me at points.

Tbh mate I never distributed them but the levels I made were ace.

I even did a replica of our house. Thinking back, I should've done Goodison.

He was into it well more than me at points.

100% customer satisfaction huh?? :o

Goodison wouldn't have worked though - Quake was no good with large outdoor areas.

How do you play?? Looking at a HOTAS setup as I am crap with keyboard &mouse and only marginally better with a gamepad. Also have you played on an Oculus or tried the TrackIR?

Joystick and keyboard. I havent paid the money for the Oculus yet because it would probably take over my life.

Been playing Sensible Soccer on the SNES.

I used to be unbeatable on this back in the day. Here's my latest result:

England 1 San Marino 3

Games back then were way way harder than these days.

You ain't kidding. The handholding these days is pretty bad for the most part. That's why I enjoy games like Geometry Dash and Super Meat Boy. They'll frustrate you to no end but it's so much more rewarding when you complete a level

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back