Computer games.

Downloading this CK2 for like £6, it any good?

Worth getting the GOT mod?

CK2's really good. Can be a bit slow and hard to get into, but worth the effort. Are you getting it with some DLC? Watch some LPs on YouTube to get an idea of what you're doing - look for guys like Quill18, Arumba, Mathas.

Dragon age inqusition is a massive game. Love it but getting me in trouble with the other half for spending most of the weekend on it
Glad it went back in some ways to DA: Origins

Still, the dialogue options and such haven't been as compelling for me. May fire it up again since it's a long weekend over here. Was thinking of giving Elder Scrolls Online another bash as people have told me it improved since the Beta (which was gash)

Glad it went back in some ways to DA: Origins

Still, the dialogue options and such haven't been as compelling for me. May fire it up again since it's a long weekend over here. Was thinking of giving Elder Scrolls Online another bash as people have told me it improved since the Beta (which was gash)

I'm a console player so no PC games for me. There not to many right now on ps4. Bloodborn looks good but will be hard like souls. FF realms reborn is good as well.

The amount of hours you get out of a game doesn't really bother me. I'd much rather pay £45 for a great game that lasted 12 hours than a boring grind that lasts for 30.

The Last of Us is the best game i've played on the PS4 and that only took about 12 hours.

The amount of hours you get out of a game doesn't really bother me. I'd much rather pay £45 for a great game that lasted 12 hours than a boring grind that lasts for 30.

The Last of Us is the best game i've played on the PS4 and that only took about 12 hours.

I know what you mean, if you compare it to going to the cinema eg, £10/2 for 2-3 hours. But if I'm spending £45 on a game (which tbh I never do, as generally I wait for stuff to go on Steam sales), it'd better last me a good while! I think that's part of why I love Strat/Sports etc games - plenty of replayability.

It's a delicate balance.

The game's quality should come first, but say for example you've released a great game that only lasts 4-5 hours. If it was a AAA game with a big budget, then most consumers will feel that is not enough to justify the £40+ price tag. The publisher will feel, given the budget, that it's necessary to charge the normal price and so they devs may have to make more content. But what if artificially stretching that to 10 hours actually makes it boring?

All games, no matter how great, will wear out their welcome. Some do it in 100 hours, others 5 or 6. But because of the arbitrary £40+ price tag we have, you get this focus on 'how long is it?' when really, that doesn't encourage devs to make a better game, it just forces them to pad out games.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back