Computer games.

Nah just not for me mate. Gave it a go years back, gave up, then gave it another go during the World Cup one which was quite fun actually.

I don't fully understand the appeal of it to be honest. Just not for me I don't think.
Fair enough, I love trading card games/things where you open packs and have that sense of randomness. Though it's never given me a good card... best I got was Torres.

But then I also love collecting the coins to purchase a player on the market, which has been made 10x easier because for example Rooney can only be sold for 15k max now instead of half a million or something.

Ultimate Team is the worst!!! Just more micro-transactions in a game you already paid for.......

FFS, the players in those packs have 'contract lengths' so even if you spunk some cash to buy the pack they randomly come in, you don't even get to keep them!!!

Ultimate Team is the worst!!! Just more micro-transactions in a game you already paid for.......

FFS, the players in those packs have 'contract lengths' so even if you spunk some cash to buy the pack they randomly come in, you don't even get to keep them!!!

That's not true. You still own the player, you just need more contracts, which are cheap.

Don't get me wrong, you're right about it being the worst, just perhaps for the wrong reason. Try: tediously predictable scripting,
pace being the only stat that matters, the handicap, goalkeeper inconsistency, the ridiculous cost of packs in which you get nothing etc etc.

Alas it's still the only mode I play. The team building element is great, the problem is when you actually use your team you remember how crap the gameplay is.

*back to Bloodborne

The whole market is wide open for a developer to come and wipe EA outof the market by releasing a half decent footy game. EA have become the gaming equivilent of Sky Sports. Overhyping big teams and players whilst shamelessly money grabbing and becoming complacent with the market they dominate.

We really need a new competitor to knock them off their podium.

That's not true. You still own the player, you just need more contracts, which are cheap.

Don't get me wrong, you're right about it being the worst, just perhaps for the wrong reason. Try: tediously predictable scripting,
pace being the only stat that matters, the handicap, goalkeeper inconsistency, the ridiculous cost of packs in which you get nothing etc etc.

Alas it's still the only mode I play. The team building element is great, the problem is when you actually use your team you remember how crap the gameplay is.

*back to Bloodborne

Lol @ scripting.

Anyway, tell me about Bloodborne mate.

Is it as 'hacky and slashy/button bashing' as the online videos suggest? Or is it actually good?

Lol @ scripting.

Anyway, tell me about Bloodborne mate.

Is it as 'hacky and slashy/button bashing' as the online videos suggest? Or is it actually good?

Like Dark Souls, it's not really a button masher. It's more slow paced, it's about learning the opponents attacks and then using the appropriate attacks at the right time.

Wargame , European Escalation , anyone else played this ? RTS wargame , excellent multiplayer with games that can go on for hours or minutes ! Set in the mid 80's it pits NATO against the Warsaw Pact !

Like Dark Souls, it's not really a button masher. It's more slow paced, it's about learning the opponents attacks and then using the appropriate attacks at the right time.
Created by the same people. I find it to be pretty much nearly the same game, and DS isn't my cup of tea at all, so I don't really like it.

Gotta admit, however, that it's decent if you're a fan of that!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back