Confidence in the board

Are you confident in the current board

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You see him having done a lot, I see him having done nothing but a bad job. He's handed nothing of his own money over for the squad but he has made a pigs ear of the spending of the club's generated cash in that respect, and we're getting nowhere fast on the stadium.

People either actually see that now or they're still in the period of denial and hanging on to the early hopes that he can be a game changer. For me the jury is in: he's just another vampire on the club and his future decision making will make our situation even worse than it is right now. He is clueless about this industry. We're screwed shackled to this feller now.

But my point always is that if Walsh and Koeman got the transfer window right and Sandro had bagged 15-20 this season, Klaassan and Siggurdsson replicating their last season form and Keane being a rock at the back (and Giroud or the like having come in) and we finished 6th or even 7th but closer to the pack than last year - most would be saying job well done Mosh.

Alot of his criticisms come from the fact we spent a lot of money on gash players when it's not his fault in that regard.

My criticism is the opposite, I appreciate all he's done in terms of getting the stadium move off the ground and investing money in the playing staff my criticism is that he needs to reign in the daft public statements (expected losses/Mccarthy is family) and realise he needs to rid the boardroom clean.

Trust me I've followed alot of clubs ownership/transfers this season and their clubs owners have barely spent a brass farthing compared to Mosh... I remember the dark days under Bill of Drenthe and Strac in on loan and getting beat on wages by clubs like QPR and Newcastle - things can be much worse off the field.

But my point always is that if Walsh and Koeman got the transfer window right and Sandro had bagged 15-20 this season, Klaassan and Siggurdsson replicating their last season form and Keane being a rock at the back (and Giroud or the like having come in) and we finished 6th or even 7th but closer to the pack than last year - most would be saying job well done Mosh.

Alot of his criticisms come from the fact we spent a lot of money on gash players when it's not his fault in that regard.

My criticism is the opposite, I appreciate all he's done in terms of getting the stadium move off the ground and investing money in the playing staff my criticism is that he needs to reign in the daft public statements (expected losses/Mccarthy is family) and realise he needs to rid the boardroom clean.

Trust me I've followed alot of clubs ownership/transfers this season and their clubs owners have barely spent a brass farthing compared to Mosh... I remember the dark days under Bill of Drenthe and Strac in on loan and getting beat on wages by clubs like QPR and Newcastle - things can be much worse off the field.
Mate your arguing with Davek, doesn’t matter what you say or what facts you put in he will argue with u for days, he still thinks Martinez is awesome. Don’t waste your time.

Great points thought

But they're all ifs and buts. The reality is he hired a manager who was appalling at his job in terms of getting the basics of putting a team together with a treasure trove of money. He nor the people he hired exercised no oversight of the spending last summer and it was his fateful decision to go with a DoF rather than handing the responsibility of governance over to a CEO as we've always operated. He was the architect of the last 12 months of waste and loss of credibility for this club. And he'll do worse in the period to come.

Least of our worries now, since Moshiri came we have gone from Koeman to Fat Sam and one of the worst squads for a long time with no big high value player

I was split on the board when it was Kenwright, now its Moshiri I have zero confidence

Tbf to mosh he has acted when needed and done the rights things... just done them wrong if that makes sense? He got rid of bobby which was needed, he then hired a manager which had a decent reputation and got a DOF that also had high stock after winning the league. These appointments where in hindsight bad. But the actions to sack bobby then appoint a manager and DOF were good ... he then gave koeman backing and trusted Walsh which again was the right thing to do but in hindsight it failed ... he then sacked koeman and paid him off and appointed unsworth (which many wanted) he then realised we were lpotentially going to get dragged into a relegation battle and appointed a man that is renound for keeping teams up. So his decision making has been good IMO regarding actions but his choice of appointing koeman and Walsh was a mistake and we are suffering now. If rumours are to be believed then he was realised Walsh isn't up to it and is getting brands and I would expect he knows sam isn't upto it and I don't think he ever wanted him past this season anyway so again he's making the right decisions in regards to actions needed. We just need to hope he appoints the right DOF and manager and back them again .

Tbf to mosh he has acted when needed and done the rights things... just done them wrong if that makes sense? He got rid of bobby which was needed, he then hired a manager which had a decent reputation and got a DOF that also had high stock after winning the league. These appointments where in hindsight bad. But the actions to sack bobby then appoint a manager and DOF were good ... he then gave koeman backing and trusted Walsh which again was the right thing to do but in hindsight it failed ... he then sacked koeman and paid him off and appointed unsworth (which many wanted) he then realised we were lpotentially going to get dragged into a relegation battle and appointed a man that is renound for keeping teams up. So his decision making has been good IMO regarding actions but his choice of appointing koeman and Walsh was a mistake and we are suffering now. If rumours are to be believed then he was realised Walsh isn't up to it and is getting brands and I would expect he knows sam isn't upto it and I don't think he ever wanted him past this season anyway so again he's making the right decisions in regards to actions needed. We just need to hope he appoints the right DOF and manager and back them again .
He appointed a chief scout to a DoF job - how was that the right decision either at the time or in hindsight? Ditto sacking Koeman with no replacement lined up (he didn't "appoint" Unsworth, he put him in temporary charge and thereby destroyed any credibility he might have had to get the players onside); he then pursued and failed to get Silva in an embarrassing 5 week period. And now all we have are fantasy stories of great new DoF and managers....and some believe it.

How is all that him "doing the right things"?

He appointed a chief scout to a DoF job - how was that the right decision either at the time or in hindsight? Ditto sacking Koeman with no replacement lined up (he didn't "appoint" Unsworth, he put him in temporary charge and thereby destroyed any credibility he might have had to get the players onside); he then pursued and failed to get Silva in an embarrassing 5 week period. And now all we have are fantasy stories of great new DoF and managers....and some believe it.

How is all that him "doing the right things"?

Doing the right things as in actions dave... he just got the appointments wrong. Bobby needed sacking and he did... same as koeman and I expect sam and Walsh to be next which is also needed. I said rumours about brands and regarding silva he was making an approach for the guy he wants and offered a lot of money to make it happen. You can choose to hate him if you like but you cannot deny he is trying to make positive changes. The only appointment he got wrong was was Walsh and koeman and he put money and faith into them as he should, turns out they blew it. Even sam (and I hate him) has done what he was brought into do ie keep us in the league. Sam wasn't his first choice but he realised getting a decent manager in mid season wasn't going to happen so he appointed someone to keep us up... he only wanted him till the summer but he couldn't get that so he basically agreed to longer to get what he wanted and I think he will sack him and pay the compo and get another guy in that hopefully be the right guy this time.

Doing the right things as in actions dave... he just got the appointments wrong. Bobby needed sacking and he did... same as koeman and I expect sam and Walsh to be next which is also needed. I said rumours about brands and regarding silva he was making an approach for the guy he wants and offered a lot of money to make it happen. You can choose to hate him if you like but you cannot deny he is trying to make positive changes. The only appointment he got wrong was was Walsh and koeman and he put money and faith into them as he should, turns out they blew it. Even sam (and I hate him) has done what he was brought into do ie keep us in the league. Sam wasn't his first choice but he realised getting a decent manager in mid season wasn't going to happen so he appointed someone to keep us up... he only wanted him till the summer but he couldn't get that so he basically agreed to longer to get what he wanted and I think he will sack him and pay the compo and get another guy in that hopefully be the right guy this time.
Hold on, he chose to go with a DoF rather than make a manager responsible for his own purchases...that's where the rot set in at this club, that's we have £300M worth of tripe on our hands to get shut of before we can move on...and that new role was his 'kin "bright" idea (and one he intends to double down on this summer apparently).

As for Allardyce being the right decision: no, just no. We were 10 games into the season and 3 points off top half when he took up the job!...and now we have the almighty mess of ridding ourselves of yet another manager who we dont want and getting another one in.

The "right decisions" you attribute to him have been the reason we are in the bin....imagine if this feller actually starts making some proper "wrong decisions"?!?!

Indeed......that makes perfect sense to me.

It paints him as what he is.....an enthusiastic amateur. Dabbling in affairs for which he appears totally unqualified.

And that is what worries me most.

Thus far he has made, or tried to make, five significant changes to the managerial structure and all have been wrong to one degree or another.

He fired Bobby.....that was the right thing to do but it came at least a fortnight too late when it was obvious to everyone we needed a boost going into the week from Hell.

If he had acted sooner we might well have won that semi final and gone on to lift the Cup.

And that point of view was widely held and expressed often on this forum in the two weeks leading up to those games, especially after the insipid draw with Saints the Saturday before Anfield and Wembley.

Bobby should have been gone no later than that very evening.

He hired Walsh on the strength of Leicester’s success. But Walsh was also at Leicester a mere eighteen months previously when they looked like relegation certainties.

Moshiri was seduced by that one freak season and then the mistake was compounded by pairing him with the most disastrous appointment to hit the club in yonkoes.

The relentless pursuit of Mr. Average himself, Ronald Koeman.

Then we went all in in a mad attempt to hire a manager fresh from relegation with Hull.....a manager who had all but made Hull safe with three or four games to go but totally blew it.

He dodged a bullet there.....but then walked straight back into the firing line and made the mother of all panic managerial appointments.

Fat You Know Who.

I am very nervous about what comes next.

Because making flawed judgements for the right reason leaves you in the same place as just making flawed judgements.

And I think we should all be nervous o_O

Last edited:
o
Hold on, he chose to go with a DoF rather than make a manager responsible for his own purchases...that's where the rot set in at this club, that's we have £300M worth of tripe on our hands to get shut of before we can move on...and that new role was his 'kin "bright" idea (and one he intends to double down on this summer apparently).

As for Allardyce being the right decision: no, just no. We were 10 games into the season and 3 points off top half when he took up the job!...and now we have the almighty mess of ridding ourselves of a manager who we dont want and get another one in.

The "right decisions" you attribute to him have been the reason we are in the bin....imagine if this feller actually starts making some proper "wrong decisions"?!?!

Yeah having a DOF is such a bad model isn't it dave? I mean mosh thought it up he invented it? It's not like any other clubs do it? we let in like 28 goals in 5 games before sam came , it's was shocking.we had just got pumped 4-1 by a saints side that hadn't scored at home all season , we had been embarrassed in Europe , we were a shambles and still are. He needed to appoint someone and he tried to get silva , he needed someone fast . Can you not remeber royle going to unsworth at the saints game? I can.., it was embarrassing he sacked koeman and unsworth wasn't doing anything so he needed an appointment and obviously nobody wanted it. Don't tell me you're gonna start chatting crap and saying he shouldn't have sacked koeman ? Like I said in my original post before you mis read them twisted it and then answered back questions I didn't actually ask.

He sacked bobby and rightly so , he decided to have a DOF and appointed a manager and a DOF whos stock were high, he then backed them as he should and trusted them as he should, they had a complete nightmare recruitment wise, he then sacked koeman as he should and tried to get someone he wanted and then when he realised he couldn't he appointed a short term manager to keep us in the league and now it seems he's getting a new DOF and manager. His plan was good he just appointed the wrong manager and DOF

Yeah having a DOF is such a bad model isn't it dave? I mean mosh thought it up he invented it? It's not like any other clubs do it? we let in like 28 goals in 5 games before sam came , it's was shocking.we had just got pumped 4-1 by a saints side that hadn't scored at home all season , we had been embarrassed in Europe , we were a shambles and still are. He needed to appoint someone and he tried to get silva , he needed someone fast . Can you not remeber royle going to unsworth at the saints game? I can.., it was embarrassing he sacked koeman and unsworth wasn't doing anything so he needed an appointment and obviously nobody wanted it. Don't tell me you're gonna start chatting crap and saying he shouldn't have sacked koeman ? Like I said in my original post before you mis read them twisted it and then answered back questions I didn't actually ask.

He sacked bobby and rightly so , he decided to have a DOF and appointed a manager and a DOF whos stock were high, he then backed them as he should and trusted them as he should, they had a complete nightmare recruitment wise, he then sacked koeman as he should and tried to get someone he wanted and then when he realised he couldn't he appointed a short term manager to keep us in the league and now it seems he's getting a new DOF and manager. His plan was good he just appointed the wrong manager and DOF
A DoF at this club was a terrible decision....compounded by the fact he hired a DoF who wasn't even an experienced DoF but a chief scout!

The feller is a useless, clueless tool as far as football decisions are concerned. How can you defend two years of this?

He's got us in a 'kin mess and everyone knows it.

A DoF at this club was a terrible decision....compounded by the fact he hired a DoF who wasn't even an experienced DoF but a chief scout!

The feller is a useless, clueless tool as far as football decisions are concerned. How can you defend two years of this?

He's got us in a 'kin mess and everyone knows it.

The same way you defend two years of dross from RM?

Status
Not open for further replies.