Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Private Limited Company so no reason whatsoever to stop at 49.9 %. That's the bit that's weird. 50.1 % means you can pass whatever ordinary resolution you wish and have effective control, so why stop short of that?

Unless PL rules make it more difficult to own a majority perhaps.

To get the deal over the line initially i would presume?

Private Limited Company so no reason whatsoever to stop at 49.9 %. That's the bit that's weird. 50.1 % means you can pass whatever ordinary resolution you wish and have effective control, so why stop short of that?

Because the sellers didn't want to give him an outright controlling interest perhaps? If what's for sale is 49.9%, then that is what is for sale.

If Kenwright/Earl have held back shares, it'd actually be wise given you have a rich guy who might plow money in and make the remaining shares even more valuable at a later date.

I think it's this - it gives him effective control ( getting the entire remainder of 50.1 together to vote against him would be practically impossible). If he took any more shares he would by law be forced to buy out the entirety of the remainder (costing him at least double his initial outlay).
I dont think thats technically true. I think its 60% but he also doesn't HAVE to buy the rest of the shares, but he has to be willing to be purchase them. Like, an offer has to be made to get the rest, they don't HAVE to buy them. I remember that Arsenal guy going that way.

Could be massively off, but thats what I recollect..

Most likely Earl and Kenwrights which add up to the amount and Wood retaining all his although in theory it could be more complicated allocation from all three

Tbh just wanted to post a pie chart really, a key part of GOT's best threads that had so far been lacking...

Could he bought Earl's and some from both Kenwright and Woods still leaving them both with vested interest.

Would be nice if Usmanov was trying to wrap up the other 50.1% eh haha
i have a weird feeling he might actually try and buy everton at some point.

Dunno why like, could be him and Moshiri (who are business partners) have given up trying to buy arsenal and want to buy another club.

Moshiris been sent out to buy us before anyone else did, and Usmanovs left to sell whatever shares he needs to at arsenal.

This is a guy who's spent a large chunk of his professional life advising, and leading on, Alisher Usmanov's business decisions. And if he's had much say in how Arsenal has been ran over the last few years then you've got a club that gets it finances in order, doesn't make rash short term decisions and understands that you don't build on dodgy foundations coupled with an excellent business brain. He'd be a good figure to have around the club even without the billion or so he's valued at.

I reckon he'll be alright - for all the criticism he's had over the years BK may well have got this spot on in holding out for the right buyer.

i have a weird feeling he might actually try and buy everton at some point.

Dunno why like, could be him and Moshiri (who are business partners) have given up trying to buy arsenal and want to buy another club.

Moshiris been sent out to buy us before anyone else did, and Usmanovs left to sell whatever shares he needs to at arsenal.

Keep an eye on arsenal over the summer. If he pulls his shares, it's on

I haven't got a clue with this stuff like but
if he bought 49.9% its not just Kenwright and him with shares??
and Kenwright has not got 51.1% ?
so why isn't he chairman, probably the most stupid post on here
ffs I am stupid anyway like someone enlighten me please
Kenwright has never owned 51% of the club

Unless PL rules make it more difficult to own a majority perhaps.

No PL rules to that effect mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back