Crystal Palace v Everton 31 January 2015 - From the Palace end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You can't drop a player to make a point and then bring him on if you need him. It weakens your position.

Besides there's no indication that bringing him on would spark a big performance anyway. It would be a complete gamble with low odds of success and a big downside.

It might make a difference if we are losing. Your post made no sense to me.

Agree with dropping him to the bench totally. But it's not like we have other options to bring on to change a game we are losing is it?

Just hope we are not overrun in midfield. We need all 11 to put a shift in today.
On Radio City earlier Alan Irwin said that Graeme Sharp suggested we play a midfield 4 today of Besic, Gibson, McCarthy and Barry. That would be a dogs of war approach but maybe something we need to consider if we are battling the drop?

It might make a difference if we are losing. Your post made no sense to me.

Agree with dropping him to the bench totally. But it's not like we have other options to bring on to change a game we are losing is it?

Ofcourse we do. We have Kone and Oviedo who has both looked more dangerous this season considering how many minutes they have had.

I'm not saying it definitely won't make a difference. What I'm saying is that the odds are low and the risk is high. If he comes on and ambles around or plays badly then you're back to square one and need to drop him for the next game.

All things considered that's probably the best team we could put out at the moment, nice to see Gibson make the bench as well.
People have moaned about square pegs and round holes. Martinez appears to have finally listened, so we have to be positive.

Simply choosing players because of their apparent 'name' or 'status' hasn't worked this season. I'm happy with the balance.

Hopefully, I will be even happier with the result if it works. Either way, what we have been doing hasn't been effective.

No. You can't drop a player to make a point and then bring him on if you need him. It weakens your position.

Besides there's no indication that bringing him on would spark a big performance anyway. It would be a complete gamble with low odds of success and a big downside.

So once dropped, he's never given an opportunity to restore any form or confidence? Fine, he's not deserving of a starting place right now but to refuse to contemplate putting him on the pitch regardless benefits no one.

People have moaned about square pegs and round holes. Martinez appears to have finally listened, so we have to be positive.

Simply choosing players because of their apparent 'name' or 'status' hasn't worked this season. I'm happy with the balance.

Hopefully, I will be even happier with the result if it works. Either way, what we have been doing hasn't been effective.

Yeah looks set up for 4-4-1-1 and keep it tight and compact with a threat on the counter, they come at us with confidence and but we've got a threat either side and plenty of pace with Lukaku, Mirallas and McGeady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back