Crystal Palace v Everton 31 January 2015 - From the Palace end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im happy with the lineup.i think the only decision bobby had was Barkley or naismith as the 2nd striker. On current form he's surely made tthe right choice

So once dropped, he's never given an opportunity to restore any form or confidence? Fine, he's not deserving of a starting place right now but to refuse to contemplate putting him on the pitch regardless benefits no one.
Yes because that's exactly what I said.

I said he needs time on the bench. 60mins is not enough time. Think of confidence/form like an injury. If you bring them back too early you risk it reoccurring.

Finally a well balanced team. It looks good on paper (bar McGeady but we don't have anyone better) so let's just hope lads are rested after Qatari trip and up for it.

COYB!

Yes because that's exactly what I said.

I said he needs time on the bench. 60mins is not enough time. Think of confidence/form like an injury. If you bring them back too early you risk it reoccurring.

I could think of confidence/form like a cupcake, because that's something that it also isn't.

Ofcourse we do. We have Kone and Oviedo who has both looked more dangerous this season considering how many minutes they have had.

I'm not saying it definitely won't make a difference. What I'm saying is that the odds are low and the risk is high. If he comes on and ambles around or plays badly then you're back to square one and need to drop him for the next game.

Kone and Oviedo are both on the bench too.

Who exactly would you put on the bench who is better than Barkley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back