Crystal Palace v Everton 31 January 2015 - From the Palace end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1_0 against Palace makes me very happy. If you look at it in a pessimistic way it shows how far we have fallen. But we are Evertonians we can see good in this, an ugly win without conceding could be what was needed at this time. I'm content tonight.
It does but defensively we look sound again including Barry and with McCarthy close we look hard to beat again. That's the first step. We also have a goal scorer so now all we need is a bit of a creative spark in the final 3rd. One good signing and we would be a decent team.

Go on Bill. Spend the money on Konoplanka or Rafael Silva and we would be sorted.

I said elsewhere a draw was not enough we needed a win, 3 points and climb up the table. I don't care who the manager is, I care about Everton winning. This a start but we have 4 games looming which will be a tough proposition but a chance of some more points with this confidence instilling win today.

A balanced side helped a lot today- just need to have a dominant centre half who can win the first header out clear, because every long ball 99 percent C Palace won the first flick header on which caused us many problems - Only Robles commanded his area well after two iffy early moments - he had a very good game -cue Howard too return!
I agree with you there. Noticed more and more this season that we stand off most of the time and let them have the ball. Even passes from the midfield are not contested enough for my liking.

Well in lids. No complaints. After the howling Kelly error for the goal we battered you for ten minutes and that was it. Puncheons effort that Robles tipped round the post was definitely creeping in and Jags goal line clearance were our only real efforts. We were never at it after Cham went off.
Thought Lukaku was top for you. Playing Naismith deeper certainly worked at Stones is going to be some player.
Oi, Chico yer lazy arl get! Your back on!

Well in lids. No complaints. After the howling Kelly error for the goal we battered you for ten minutes and that was it. Puncheons effort that Robles tipped round the post was definitely creeping in and Jags goal line clearance were our only real efforts. We were never at it after Cham went off.
Thought Lukaku was top for you. Playing Naismith deeper certainly worked at Stones is going to be some player.
Oi, Chico yer lazy arl get! Your back on!
Very good summary. Wish you the best for the rest of the season.

Must admit to being disappointed at not seeing McCarthy back.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 158
Most important thing is that we looked very solid at the back. If Lukaku had a better day we could easily beat them 3-0 because they didn't look like they are able to score a goal against us.

Great teamwork and credit to Roberto. Hope it will continue and they prove me wrong.

I felt we were under pressure until Oviedo came on.
In the end we could have had a couple more goals.
I don't think we can play Mirallas and McGeady together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back