Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
when did our standards in here drop so much to suggest 'hel do a job'. I expect Holgate to start on Monday because this lad is not upto it in the PL against a side like city.

there's blue tinted and there's beer goggles!!

when did our standards in here drop so much to suggest 'hel do a job'. I expect Holgate to start on Monday because this lad is not upto it in the PL against a side like city.

there's blue tinted and there's beer goggles!!

I expect us to play 5 at the back, I also think Martina will play due to him being "better" offensively than Holgate, who might also play as 1 of the CBs.

I'm happy to hold my hand up and admit he's not quite as bad as I first feared. I'm sufficiently self aware to acknowledge that my opinion of JJK meant that Cuco was always going to have a hard time convincing me that he should be starting ahead of him. Defensively he does seem very suspect, and I can now say this from personal opinion rather than second hand. But offensively he does offer something that you don't get from the likes of Holgate. His crossing in a couple of games now has been top drawer and I didn't expect to be saying that. He crosses the ball first time with no arsing about and I've forgotten what that's like tbh. If we bring in the right type of striker, he will have a field day knowing if he makes the runs the ball is going to come in early. I have no issue in him starting at FB in games we expect to dominate, or even as a WB when we play a back 3. But please, I don't want him in the team this weekend or in any of the games coming up against the top teams. He'll get absolutely roasted, and all the good work he did last night will be undone in a heartbeat.
We have played no big teams as yet so the juries out on him!

Why, he had a great game on Thursday. His interplay with Lookman was reminiscent of Baines and Pienaar, he did a decent job and is still getting slagged off, disgraceful really......

lol

Pete, stick to winding up the anti Trumpites on CA.

You are on much icier ground trying to make a case for this fellow :p

No one is going to bite.

BTW.....saying he had a "great" game in one sentence then downgrading it to he "did a decent job" in the next is a contradiction ;)

lol

Pete, stick to winding up the anti Trumpites on CA.

You are on much icier ground trying to make a case for this fellow :p

No one is going to bite.

BTW.....saying he had a "great" game in one sentence then downgrading it to he "did a decent job" in the next is a contradiction ;)

I thought he did a good job, honestly, I said so at half time on Thursday......

A lot of people are completely writing off his defensive contributions but from what I've seen so far he's been fine? certainly no worse than Baines..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back